Photo

SubyClub... Possible outage tonight!!!! (Wednesday)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

Well as you may know, SubyClub's member count has been on the increase for quite some time and overall site activity has picked up. Without you the site would not be at the stage it is today - so thank you for being a part of one of Subaru enthusiasts newest websites!

We are working hard to make the site the most enjoyable and informative site around, so that it can be a 'one stop shop' (so to speak) for you and your fellow Subaru enthusiasts. Recently, a DIY competition was held on SubyClub for your chance to win gift vouchers from Supercheap Auto, as well as a SubyClub sticker. Congratulations to Russ (provar) and Chris (SUBARU) with equal first place, and Mark (CRUISN) for his 3rd place. You three should be receiving your prizes next week. In case you missed this, you can access the Competition thread, discussion, guides and results at the following link: http://www.subyclub....p?showtopic=957

If you have recently done anything to your car and feel like you could benefit your fellow members, D.I.Y. guides will always be welcomed on the site.

---

Now, as for the site itself - the software that we are currently using for the website has recently had an update released by the developers. This is quite exciting and is jam packed full of changes and improvements that will make your experience on SubyClub even easier than it already is. We have commenced testing of the new version and once everything has been worked out, there will be a seamless upgrade performed. We anticipate that this will occur within the next 2 to 4 weeks, and the actual upgrade will be performed over night, during a quiet period and should be completed within 30 minutes. Further news and information on this particular subject will be sent out and announced on the site closer to the actual date.

We always welcome feedback from you and any suggestions you have on how the site can be improved - so please if you have any thoughts at all, feel free to post them in the relevant section of SubyClub or the topic accompanying this post.

If you are interested in becoming a part of the event organisers group on SubyClub and coming up with new and exciting ways to meet and greet your fellow enthusiasts, please feel free to Private Message one of us through the website itself to display your interest!

That's about all for now, thank you for taking the time to read this and enjoy your SubyClub.

- Paul (twinturbosubaru), Alex (AMS), Dylan (dylanf).

#2 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Hey Dyl will it be much different? You know about the 'different' ozfail? Please keep it similar.

Posted Image

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi Rob, Absolutely it will be very similar mate. Same forum, some software it is just a newer version with more features. The site will remain quick as it is now, and will be almost identical to navigate. Dylan

#4 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:42 PM

Much happy and Rejoice!

#5 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

Will it include SD and HD buttons? And 2 totally seperate and confusing PM boxes? and a terribly slow home page? i hope so! :P

#6 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Oh and can it also forget your username and password :P Oh and thanks Dyl thats what I wanted to know.

Posted Image

#7 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

it haz teh HD?

#8 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

Let's hope you keep the simple, Efficient and Fast layout. It was amazing coming from Ozliberty to this, Don't change it to much :P

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#9 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

i hope you intend to use background colours that make it really hard to read qouted posts and the such, cause if you don't,there's gonna be a lotta pissed off forum users . AIGHT oh and most imprtant of all, make sure it is totally different to the original and an absolute BIATCH to navigate
Nothing left to break .

#10 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Don't forget to let a whole heap of really hektic n00bs join up cos they are attracted to the hektic colour scheme!

#11 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

oh and dont forget to sign us up for the sister site at the same time for lancers... cause ya know its totally awesome to be joined upto shit without permission ;)
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#12 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

Hahaha! Forgot about that! I still am in love with your avatar. If I was magix, I would make it real.

#13 provar

provar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:26 PM

lol serious comment for a change here. on the old ozliberty, there was a function where you could go to see a page of ALL the threads that YOU have subscribed to and it would bring the ones with new posts to the top of the list and highlight them. THIS WAS AWESOME! DO IT!!!!!!

#14 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

Dylan, My only suggestion would be to make it a little simpler for users to subscribe and unsubscribe to a thread. Im a little challenged in this area and haven't fully worked it out. Other than that I cant really see a need for too much to change. Just checking.........no funky stuff right? :D Cheers J PS Hi provar I just read your post. Great minds.... :lol:

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#15 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

Let's hope you keep the simple, Efficient and Fast layout.

It was amazing coming from Ozliberty to this, Don't change it to much :P

Don't worry, the same basic principles will remain. The upgrade is simply to provide more features and a faster and easier experience. Not interested in overly complicated measures or changes. I believe that the site now is fine and that it operates and works, and performs exactly how we need it. There have been a few things that have been changed, and this upgrade is simply to streamline a few modifications in to it, and make the overall experience for you - the user - even easier and more enjoyable.

i hope you intend to use background colours that make it really hard to read qouted posts and the such, cause if you don't,there's gonna be a lotta pissed off forum users . AIGHT
oh and most imprtant of all, make sure it is totally different to the original and an absolute BIATCH to navigate

Cracka as above mate, the site will be very much the same as this with similar colourings and themes available.

oh and dont forget to sign us up for the sister site at the same time for lancers... cause ya know its totally awesome to be joined upto shit without permission ;)

There will continue to be, and there will always be strictly NO advertising on SubyClub, on-selling of details or any un-ethical moves such as the one you have described. Everyones details are kept safe and secure and there is no risk of personal details being compromised.

lol serious comment for a change here.

on the old ozliberty, there was a function where you could go to see a page of ALL the threads that YOU have subscribed to and it would bring the ones with new posts to the top of the list and highlight them. THIS WAS AWESOME! DO IT!!!!!!

Interesting. I thought that the 'My Assistant' option / pop in window gave this functionality, but after closer inspection appears I am mistaken. This is a very good idea and I will look in to whether that feature is immediately available on the new board.

Dylan,

My only suggestion would be to make it a little simpler for users to subscribe and unsubscribe to a thread. Im a little challenged in this area and haven't fully worked it out. Other than that I cant really see a need for too much to change.

Just checking.........no funky stuff right? :D

Cheers
J

Hey mate,

That's fine, no problems at all. You can click on the 'Thread Options' button at the top of the thread you are viewing, to select 'Track this Thread' which is a subscription to it. It will then give you options of email updates etc..

I hope all this information helps reassure you all that nothing is changing for the worse. This is all being done to further improve the SubyClub experience and to build on what we've already established. Site navigation and styling will be the same as it is now, only it will have easier to use functions, more features and quicker! We are staying on the same type of software, we are not doing a complete switch to different software. This means there are no big hassles, hiccups or delays to be expected at all.

Dylan

#16 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

JOOMLA FTW?

#17 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

Nah, I hate Joomla Brendan - seriously. That has never been considered for even an instant.

#18 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

Alright guys, so some of you were worried about how it would look and how the new site would feel.

I've got a couple of screen-grabs attached from the new site. I believe that I will be upgrading in the next 24 hours :)

The First post of this thread
Attached File  newsubyclub1.JPG   100.5KB   17 downloads

A reply, with the all-new reputation system highlighted.
Attached File  newsubyclub2.JPG   66.65KB   16 downloads

A preview of the board index page.
Attached File  newsubyclub3.JPG   94.82KB   13 downloads

Open to feedback of course guys, hope you enjoy the little teaser!

Dylan

#19 Jeff

Jeff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Lee

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

Alright guys, so some of you were worried about how it would look and how the new site would feel.

I've got a couple of screen-grabs attached from the new site. I believe that I will be upgrading in the next 24 hours :)

The First post of this thread
Attached File  newsubyclub1.JPG   100.5KB   17 downloads

A reply, with the all-new reputation system highlighted.
Attached File  newsubyclub2.JPG   66.65KB   16 downloads

A preview of the board index page.
Attached File  newsubyclub3.JPG   94.82KB   13 downloads

Open to feedback of course guys, hope you enjoy the little teaser!

Dylan

Looks really good Dylan.

Just Married

#20 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:01 AM

NO THANKS BUTTON! lol. looks really good dylan good work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users