4 replies to this topic

#1 Doddyz

Doddyz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

HI guys,

I own a 2001 SUbaru B4 and was wondering besides getting my ecu remapped, How to reduce the dreaded VOD lag between the 2 turbos.

I have heard you can do " A line 1 or hose 1 mod" Where you put a 0.8mm restrictor pill about 2 inches down the number 1 hose on the black vacuum box,

Has anyone here done this?

Is it worth doing?

Where can i get the pill from or can i order it from Subaru?

Apparantley the Part No is 22326AA260

Cheers Aaron

#2 Chaapppppp

Chaapppppp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

Hey, I bought a 0.8mm mig welding tip and cut it in half.

haven't installed yet but should do nicely, will be using it on vac line near primary turbo.                                                                                      original vac line with pill went in the bin when my bro replaced all vac lines.

#3 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

I think there are supposed to be more pills. It is shown where in the TT guide but i think its for an earlier model than yours maybe.

#4 Chaapppppp

Chaapppppp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

yeah there are 3 other pills supposed to be in system but i believe one near primary turbo has the greatest effect as far as i've been able to dig up.

#5 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

Doddyz, I tried the line 1 mod on my '94 and couldn't really tell any difference to tell you the truth. The best thing that has happened with my VOD is ckeaning out the BBoD with electrical cleaner. Its still there but on a full throttle dig through the vod its almost not there. It is still annoying when you change up at 4000 revs and next gear your in the vod but that's a TT thing. Your model should be able to be mapped to make it better, I'd be going that way rather than mucking about with pills etc, from my experience anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users