Needing help finding two things for Gen 3 Liberty

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kyle.horton16

kyle.horton16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Suby, Skylines, Silvias and skids I guess.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hey guys, I have two things that I've been needing help with for a while so instead of making two posts, I'll kill two birds with one stone right here.

First thing:

I'm after a genuine Momo steering wheel for my car. It's a 2002 Liberty RX so it has the stock, ugly, faded and peeling wheel and it's time for an upgrade. Now I've seen so many different wheels on the market, so I ask:

• Where might be the best place to purchase such item? Ebay? Subaru wreckers?
  • Can I use a B4/WRX/STi rim on my hub? Will it fit or are all the center boss fittings different.
  • What kind of airbag/sensor issies may I run into?

s-l1600.jpg

Second thing:

I'm also after the front lip shown below as I've seen it on a few Gen 3s now. It's called either a V-Limited lip or an Ultrex lip and they are from various models from what I've seen.

• Where might I find one?
  • What kind of issues may I run into when installing? (cutting, shaping and bolting on)
  • Whats the main difference between the cheap, $25 ones you can buy from china and the genuine second-hand ones from STis.

b4.jpg

Thanks guys.

Notorious for being low, hated for being so.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

Question 1:

Any subaru steering wheel will bolt onto another subaru. As for the airbag if you keep it roughly in the same year area you shouldnt have any issues. Worst case you might be able to swap the charge over to the new airbag bag and itll still work like factory. 

Best place would be facebook or gumtree really. Find someone parting out a car. Wreckers will charge you through the nose because wreckers. 

Question 2:

For a decent aftermarket get one from ultrex. Theyre pretty good afaik. As for the differences durability and flexiness would be my bet. Accidentally scrape a genuine one on a speed bump and the genuine will probably stay in one piece. 
It will probably be too long for a gen 3 front. Mock it up, screw it on and cut off the excess

tIeW8DE.png

#3 kyle.horton16

kyle.horton16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Suby, Skylines, Silvias and skids I guess.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

Question 1:

Any subaru steering wheel will bolt onto another subaru. As for the airbag if you keep it roughly in the same year area you shouldnt have any issues. Worst case you might be able to swap the charge over to the new airbag bag and itll still work like factory. 

Best place would be facebook or gumtree really. Find someone parting out a car. Wreckers will charge you through the nose because wreckers. 

Question 2:

For a decent aftermarket get one from ultrex. Theyre pretty good afaik. As for the differences durability and flexiness would be my bet. Accidentally scrape a genuine one on a speed bump and the genuine will probably stay in one piece. 
It will probably be too long for a gen 3 front. Mock it up, screw it on and cut off the excess

Awesome thankyou! I've seen the ultrex ones and I'm most likely going to get one soon. Thanks mate!

Notorious for being low, hated for being so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users