• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ginanewzealand

Ginanewzealand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:58 PM

Recently bought a Subaru Forester 2004 LL Bean edition in New Zealand. For some reason the boot/trunk and all passenger doors do not lock, which is a real issue! It's not got an electronic key fob just the manual keyhole, anybody have any insight as to how to look at sorting this or what the issue might be? Thanks in advance! Gina :)

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

G'day Gina,

First off - do you actually have central locking? Does it work from inside the car using the lock button?
Next place I'd look at would be the fuse box for a blown fuse if the interior button doesn't work. Failing that the next stop would be to check out the master control server in the driver's door to see if that's working/secured properly in place to do its thing properly.

If the master control server works I'm lost as to what to check next to find the issue. If it doesn't you'll have to work out how to bench test the unit. If it works you might have to find and test the control module. Don't ask me where that's located as I'm not familiar at all with this model of forester.

All the best!

Cheers

Bennie
Ps - welcome to the forum!
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users