allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:07 AM

Ladies and Gents,

What lines do I need to fit the Brembos to a Gen 2? The Gen 3 was a direct fit, whereas I think the Gen 2 runs slightly different lines (the connection to the calipers are different I believe), and as I cut the factory rubber ones (knowing I was going to put braided ones on), I'm now chasing some info on which ones I need.

Would prefer to ask the brains trust here than ask some freshman at the local parts store and end up ordering the wrong set...

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

Ladies and Gents,

What lines do I need to fit the Brembos to a Gen 2? The Gen 3 was a direct fit, whereas I think the Gen 2 runs slightly different lines (the connection to the calipers are different I believe), and as I cut the factory rubber ones (knowing I was going to put braided ones on), I'm now chasing some info on which ones I need.

Would prefer to ask the brains trust here than ask some freshman at the local parts store and end up ordering the wrong set...

Cheers,

Ben

GD or GC ones would be fine id think. Im using the stock lines on my 4/2 pots with no issues

tIeW8DE.png

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ah thats cool then, thanks for the quick reply there Nick. So it would seem the lines are all ok. I'll get a set of GC ones just to make sure.

Cheers,

Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Ah thats cool then, thanks for the quick reply there Nick. So it would seem the lines are all ok. I'll get a set of GC ones just to make sure.

Cheers,

Ben

For the most part GD and GC bits fit without issues as the only real difference is the body not the chassis 

tIeW8DE.png

#5 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Im running stock gen 2 lines with my brembos
Since you have cut the gen 2 lines you will need to get some gen 2 specific braided lines or rubber

#6 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

gen2 or GC ones, the GD ones have different mounting to the strut and the rears are different.

ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#7 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:03 AM

Awesome. GC ones it is. Probably see the local parts store in a few days and see if they can get some braided lines for me. Failing that, Import monster should be able to hook me up with some STi ones, just have to find the part number. I've seen cheap braided lines fail, so not real keen on cheaping out on these.

Thanks for all the info fellas.

#8 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

When I was looking for braided lines for my lifted L I dropped into a local shop in Bendigo who made up custom lines. For six flexible braided lines it was about $360 from memory (this was about 7 or more years ago!)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#9 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Goodridge or hel are good quality aftermarket brands
Adr approved also not that it really matters for a track car.

#10 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

Hit up Benny's Custom Works he got me some and with quick delivery and at a pretty good price...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users