• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jake930

Jake930

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I drive a 2007 Tribeca... Well, I drove it until last Friday, when my radiator leaked badly. Fair to say, that I saw it leaking, yet did not pay much attention.

Now, after the holidays ended, I've taken it to teh shop, and the repair will cost me $500 roughly. The new one is about $1000. I was searching for an alternative online and saw a good radiator (well, I am not sure whether it's good or no, but I definitely liked the price, as together with the shipping it will be around $200 which is cool).

So here's the reason why I posted here, folks. Would it make sense to replace what I've got with an aftermarket radiator? And have you guys heared of the radiator brand called Koyorad? (giving you the link)

Should I give it a try or that's a bad idea?

Thanks

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:58 AM

Hi and Welcome Jake,

My work pc isn't letting me copy and paste links, but if you use the search bar and type in Koyorad you'll find a few threads.

Most seem pretty positive about them.

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Koyorad make good stuff

tIeW8DE.png

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

'Tis the season for radiators... I'm babying mine in the brumby in this heat while trying to move house.

If you don't know what you're doing with the radiator replacement I'd pay a reputable mechanic to do the work. Alsoa good time to replace the coolant if you haven't done it in a while.

Also be sure to make sure the head gaskets are good. Hopefully you didn't let it get super hot before you worked out that there was a real issue.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users