2 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Hi all just wondering if there were any differences in knock sensors. I have a 2005 subaru imprezza non turbo sohc and a 2002 b4 twin turbo dohc my knock sensor in the b4 is no good and my engine in my imprezza has a good one but engine is no good the plugs are the same. Just wondered thow if the actuall sensor itself is different or if i can juat plug in and off i go if they have the same voltage signals ect ect. Anyhelp would be great thanks.

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

I've thought the same and would think they're exactly the same other than the lead out of the sensor - eg: Gen1 has a wire to plug, the Gen3 has a plug at the sensor for the wire to plug in, but the plug to the main loom is the same between both of them...

If you can find the test values of each in a workshop manual you'll know for sure as to whether they're interchangeable.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Hi all just wondering if there were any differences in knock sensors. I have a 2005 subaru imprezza non turbo sohc and a 2002 b4 twin turbo dohc my knock sensor in the b4 is no good and my engine in my imprezza has a good one but engine is no good the plugs are the same. Just wondered thow if the actuall sensor itself is different or if i can juat plug in and off i go if they have the same voltage signals ect ect. Anyhelp would be great thanks.

supercheap parts selector says 2.0 impreza is (sometimes) the same as the B4 (both list AFI SPO3091722 as an option).  If different, then the plug is different.

also see compatible vehicles list here: https://www.sparesbo...nsor-afi-kn1247

Also worth checking out partsouq or similar with your VINs for OEM part number comparison.

I'm guessing if the plug fits, it'll be the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users