• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Subaroo

Subaroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:32 PM

Hello guys quick question what is this bit of the exhaust, I'm not quite sure.

Attached Files

#2 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 08:05 PM

Thought the cat was immediately after all the pots combine into one exhaust which on my NA 97 Lib is the up of the up & over part of the exhaust over the driveshafts & steering gear.  I may be completely wrong as it could be the down section as shown in your photo.

I'm very impressed with your photos as I can't get under my Lib given it's so low due to the factory side skirts etc.  I'm keen to do so as I have an exhaust rattle that my mechanic says is inside a resonator but I want to confirm if it is so or a loose heat shield especially now seeing the amount of heat shielding as shown in your photos.

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

Yep thats the cat

tIeW8DE.png

#4 Subaroo

Subaroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

Thought the cat was immediately after all the pots combine into one exhaust which on my NA 97 Lib is the up of the up & over part of the exhaust over the driveshafts & steering gear.  I may be completely wrong as it could be the down section as shown in your photo.

I'm very impressed with your photos as I can't get under my Lib given it's so low due to the factory side skirts etc.  I'm keen to do so as I have an exhaust rattle that my mechanic says is inside a resonator but I want to confirm if it is so or a loose heat shield especially now seeing the amount of heat shielding as shown in your photos.

this was on a 97 outback, they have a weird design i'm not sure if its the same on a liberty i assume the heat shielding on the actual exhaust wouldn't rattle it would be more so the heat shield between the exhaust and the floor or other bits like that. but their are plenty videos on the internet about how to find an exhaust rattle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users