• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlackB4RSK

BlackB4RSK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

I have a 2003 Legacy B4 RSK that I did a RHD to LHD conversion on. It's done now and everything is sweet apart from 2 things.
1. 1 noticed that the front Tyre on the drivers side.(L) is somewhat closer to the driver footwell than the other side. I immediately assumed that this must be from a bent lower arm, maybe I thumped a pothole too hard. So I changed it for a new (scrapyard) unit but no. Things remained the same. I've checked under the car and everything seems straight. I can't seem to put my finger on what's wrong

2. The ride height on the same side is about an inch lower than the other side. I again have no idea wise. I hear that on the Nissan GTR, the the springs are not the same left to right to compensate for the driver but find it hard to believe that's also the case here. Is it worth while switching my springs left to right to see if it balances out. Could it be the steering and servo that have now moved across from right to left that could have caused this imbalance?. Any ideas would be welcome.

#2 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

1. I reckon this is related to item 2. If that side is sitting at a different height it might change the position of the wheel relative to the body of the car on a horizontal plane too.

2. I'd swap the springs over. If the problems presents itself on the other side you know it's the spring, otherwise you can rule out the springs and start looking at other parts.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users