#1 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

still toying with the idea of going single with an 02 sti long block in the b4. the guy looking into doing the conversion is a little concerned about the wiring side of things and wants to make sure it can be done relatively easy before he even attempts it. is there some where i can find an engine pinout diagram or something like that for the b4? some how hoping being the same year it might just plug in but doubt it. i know a lot of people have gone single with the b4 from different engines so how hard was it to get diff engines wired up and running. cheers cris
Nothing left to break .

#2 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Cris, I'll have a look in my workshop manual to see if there are any engine wiring diagrams in there. Will let you know.

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

still toying with the idea of going single with an 02 sti long block in the b4.
the guy looking into doing the conversion is a little concerned about the wiring side of things and wants to make sure
it can be done relatively easy before he even attempts it. is there some where i can find an engine pinout diagram or something like that for the b4?
some how hoping being the same year it might just plug in but doubt it.
i know a lot of people have gone single with the b4 from different engines so how hard was it to get diff engines wired up
and running.
cheers cris

Mate you should either call Al @ amauto or PM him on here (jzk25) as he should be able to help you out.

Dylan

#4 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Mine is already setup for single Turbo, The oil feed lines are already blocked up too. Ring Glenn from ESP as he did all the work for us. 6299 4444
MY02 Liberty B4

#5 cracka

cracka

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:F1, MOTO GP.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

just throwing up another option as i haven't decided which way to go yet. 02 sti has avcs etc etc
Nothing left to break .

#6 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

Then you would need the 02 STI Engine wiring loom with it and ECU, If its Aus spec then it will have the immobilisers build in and there is no way around it AFAIK. The fuel pump controller will also have to be switched off. As i was going to run a complete V7 STI motor in my car and these were going to be a issue
MY02 Liberty B4

#7 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:31 AM

Lance, who's "us" as you mentioned - got a turd in your pocket :) ? Cris, for budget and convenience sake mate, try and stick with the same or VERY similar engine as you really don't (I am guessing) want to go about getting the loom re-pinned or modified. Depending on who does it it can be a more expensive exercise then you'd hope. Lance, will you accept $1500 for that engine yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users