#1 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:15 AM

Hi All,

So my Subaru Liberty was sold and its new owner is super happy with his cheap Luxo mobile which also super pleases his partner.  He's told me he's painted the bonnet black and now should have the carbon fibre look alike wrap on the bonnet plus a nice sounding exhaust.  Future plans will make Barbachello happy because he has a FOZ 2 litre turbo lined up to go in it but for now it's option it up a bit and enjoy.

For my part my finance minister signed off on a cheap new Korean as my Liberty's replacement.  Sigh!  Ah well, can't complain because it's new and cheap.

So like I had in my Liberty I wanted LED tail lights and that proved quite an issue with the Korean.  The tail lights on the Korean are difficult to remove as they not only use a few philips headed screws (the super easy part) but also a couple of strongly interference fit dowels.  Not wanting to affect the paint work on my nice new car I trawled eBay, Speed shops, lots of forums finally ending up on UTube.  Funnily enough a UTube vid gave me another thought so I decided to check other sections of my local Hardware shop (Aussies will know which large chain Hardware shop I ended up in).

Oddly enough in the paint section I found the pictured tool, it's a Paint Stirrer.  Costs a couple of bucks and is brilliant for the levering action needed to remove the light clusters but soft enough to protect the paint work.  So fellow car buffs if in a spot to remove an item & not want to affect body work / paint work then you might want to try my solution.

For the record yes my new Korean now has LED brake, tail, reversing & number plate lights in it.  I've left the indicators as incandescent bulbs otherwise without the resistive load of the incandescent bulb's filament the flash rate would be stupidly fast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plastic tool, LED lights, Tail lights, Reversing lights, Brake lights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users