4 replies to this topic

#1 Subaroo

Subaroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

Hello,
So it seems my car has developed a knock when I brake at slow speeds this only started happening a few weeks back coincidentally after I went around some corners quick. All bushes are nolathane and relatively new. It's doing my head in and I'd really like to fix it before anything bad happens. Cheers

The car is a 1999 liberty heritage

https://youtu.be/BMJImDBlpLY

#2 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

Video looks like a "knock when pressing brake pedal" ?

Just crawl under there and wiggle it with your hand to see what's got play in it. Pedal bush, pedal bracket, clevis pins, master cylinder operating rod or master cylinder mounting.

Sounds to me from the vid like something loose or worn around the pedal/footwell area

#3 Subaroo

Subaroo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

it does sound like its in the inside in the video but if you stand outside it sounds like its coming from the drivers side wheel somewhere in that general area i forgot to mention that when i put it in drive and the car rocks forward slighty it sometimes does it or when i accelerate after stopping at light etc

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Maybe check the lower control arm bushes.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#5 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 02:24 PM

Agree with everyone above.  I presume you've checked for a loose caliper or a wonky brake pad but I'm clutching at long shot straws with those suggestions.

My old Gen2 RX had an odd noise & the pedal felt a little loose/mushy so I looked under the dash and just about every bolt holding the brake pedal to the firewall bar one was sitting at most in by a couple of turns of thread. A few appropriate expletives were said followed immediately by finding my ratchet socket set & tightening of them.  Much better after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users