2 replies to this topic

#1 Maca

Maca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 10:09 AM

Hi All,

I recently bought a second hand forester (2014 S4 2.0D manuak) and have been getting intermittent issues with the air con.  Basically it works perfectly when it first starts but then the cold air stops but the fan keeps working.  I would describe it as if the air con thinks it's reached temperature so stops making the air cold (if that makes sense), hence I'm thinking it might be temperature sensor.  If I turn off the ignition and restart the car then air con works again for a period of time.

Two Questions:

1. I'm a new suby owner so maybe I have setup some weird setting.  Does anyone have any suggestions re settings that might be the problem?
  2. Has anyone had this issue before, and if so what was the cause?

Cheers

Maca

#2 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

Is this just when on 'auto' climate control mode, or also when the aircon is on in manual mode?

My BH outback is a bit futzed up in the AC department, as I didn't locate the little air bypass duct which blows over the temp sensor when I reinstalled the dash.

As a consequence, it tends to sense the temperature around the headunit behind the dash, rather than the air in the cabin.. and the climate control responds accordingly.

#3 Maca

Maca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Wha for the reply.

Over the last few days I've tried experimenting with auto and manual control modes and they both experience the problem.  I'm going to call an air con repair place today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users