• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan1

Bryan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

Well my wife killed the last car I got her and said well I need another one on Friday night so I went onto Gumtree looking for a 2005 outback. Soon found one for 5K and when we went down for a look the guy said he had a better one. Now the one we first looked was a 3 litre 6 cylinder and he said he had a 4 cylinder 2006 one in the other yard. Well the other one was straight as a die and only 210K on the clock so after a test run we bought it.

I drove it home and what a nice car and I did ask if I go grab the other one so we had one each only to be told a big NO (WAAAAAA)

Cheers Bryan

#2 Bryan1

Bryan1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:58 AM

Anyway after thinking about did a bit of research and today I'm picking up that 3 litre 6 cylinder 2005 Outback for myself so now we will have a pair of them. Now that 3 litre enging according to wiki is 291 hp as stock so it should have a bit of grunt. I am thinking once I take a good look of upgrading it to twin turbos to boost the hp so when those young wankers want to tailgate me I can blow them away with a simple press of the pedal.

Cheers Bryan

#3 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:12 AM

Ooh twin outbacks, nice!

Twin turbo conversion will be quite the build. Have you looked at the MCM boy’s Super Gramps build? I believe that is a single turbo and it does quite well. You’ve basically got the same platform to begin with. They’ve got the 3.6L from a Tribeca.

Certainly doable. Not cheap though.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#4 Beckers

Beckers

OMR TT Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Interests:Docka and more powar to chop young cubts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

I can see you spending at least 10 to 15K for a turbo conversion,

Is your car auto or manual ??

Ooh twin outbacks, nice!

Twin turbo conversion will be quite the build. Have you looked at the MCM boy’s Super Gramps build? I believe that is a single turbo and it does quite well. You’ve basically got the same platform to begin with. They’ve got the 3.6L from a Tribeca.

Certainly doable. Not cheap though.

Cheers

Bennie

Hey bennie,

I think this outback has the EZ30R  engine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users