Photo

New NSW Speeding Laws - Well worth the read.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

On July 1 there were new speeding laws introduced into NSW which affect everybody in different ways.
If you are a P1 driver, lookout, just 1 KM/h over the speed limit and you lose your license for 3 months minimum.

I personally think that this is rediculas, but who am I to comment....

Anyway, here is a link to the information which is a must read for everybody I think.

http://www.rta.nsw.g...hid=newdemerits

Regards
Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#2 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

^Just on the topic of the July 2007 P-plate reforms, the Daily Telegraph published this in the last fortnight:

THE RTA has stripped almost 88,000 P-plate drivers of their licence for speeding and drink-driving in the two years since tough zero-tolerance laws were introduced.

Of 380,000 NSW P-plate drivers on the road over the past two years, almost one in four has had their licence cancelled or suspended as part of State Government's plans to curb the loss of teenage lives.

Source

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#3 Blaeven

Blaeven

The Renowned

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

i was under the impression that they had to have a 10% tolerance for error, because their radars can't be calibrated to be exact....

2mmwi1w.jpg

#4 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

calibration requires a certain amount of tolerance for error, to compensate for fecal material on the windshield as it would make the radar think your car is shit fast. i think these new laws are fantastic!

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

I couldn't give two shits anymore. But they are bullshit. Just another grab for cash, because the shit hole known as NSW is going broke faster then a Russian real estate agent.
TSM

#6 robt

robt

Cock Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:Hairstyles

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

Its just another way of taking responsibility away from us. Reduce the skills of an individual by saying "look at the speedo not the road" and make them believe YOU are protecting them and what do you get? The dumbing of a society. Whatever happened to learning from your mistakes? Or more importantly what ever happened to training? 1% is impossible to enforce. Not even GPS is that accurate let alone a poorly trained former school bully in a uniform. Why don't the silent majority of us actually stop the spin and get these polititions feeding false statistics to people and get real like Europe and America. Rant over. Now copy and paste to rant thread.

Posted Image

#7 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

I actually like these reforms. They're a hard line and thats probably what younger drivers need to get them into shape. But the government needs to get over the whole "speeding kills" catch phrase. Not having the proper skills to drive a car probably kills more than anything. Most people wouldn't know what letting just one tyre leave the tarmac and travel on the grass alongside a country road can result in. And then what to do to correct it. I'm just glad I live in a state where they're not as obsessed in speed cameras as say Victoria :) Although inevitably, we will follow....

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#8 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:33 PM

Vic aint all that bad to be honest. Yeah there's a few speed camera's. But i've had no issues with them. We don't have politicians and newspapers constantly bashing on with the shit. We don't have over anal police officers either (yeah a few d**ks, but that's always going to happen)
TSM

#9 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

I can say from experience that VIC gives you 3% without any questions, as they clearly have been challenged too many times (Scumbags!!!!). Still, 3% is not much really, there are just so many factors that should be taken into account, just 10 psi less air in a tyre can affect your speedo by up to 5% ! This is why the ADR which covers instruments in cars stipulates that the speedo must be read MORE than what you are actually doing to make sure you are going that bit under the speed limit when you think you are actually doing the speed limit, not that my STi speedo knows that, it's so spot on it's scary. Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users