• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Hey, Ive recently bought and done a lot of work to a 96 WRX wagon with an EJ20G with the stock TD05 turbo. Im running a Z4 ECU, full 3" turbo back with a cat and a gated bleed valve for boost control as it was over boosting I think due to the exhaust on the stock setup. Set to 14PSI.

It had a VTA BOV fitted when i got it, which i removed and ordered the stock recirc valve from Amayama. While it was coming I just blanked the hose to the BOV. It seemed to spool up nicely and start boosting at 3200 or so and full boost by 4000.

Now I have fitted the stock recirc valve and it could be a plecebo but it does seem smoother but also seems to not boost till higher rpm. I have taken the boost gauge back off because it was temporary so dont know for sure. I know these recirc valves are supposed to leak at partial throttle, whereas before it would build boost under part throttle. To tell you the truth I liked it much better with the BOV blocked off, but have hear part throttle boost can be damaging.

Anyway, Im wondering what the stock RPM zone is for it to be starting to boost and hitting full boost should be or my TD05.

And secondly, if i fitted a link plug in ECU for example, could it be tuned to come in sooner?

The car goes like stink from 4200 onwards but I'd be happy to have it come in a bit earlier!

Cheers

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

Probably the stock valve leaking a bit.

Part throttle boost wont hurt anything, nor will off throttle compressor surge (ie running no bov)

You would be able to get some more response with a tune yes. Even more again if you were to run e85 

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

Thanks mate.
I think when I get it tuned I will see if I can spring for flex fuel and injectors to suit. I want coilovers too so I have to not break the bank too much lol.
Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users