• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

Hi, I want to start to improve my early GF8 soon- ECU/Tune, injectors, maybe delete the AFM. But I dont want to go to a front mount intercooler.

So what I'd like to know is how bad is the old slanty top mount compared to the later conventional types? Even an STI if possible. Also I have seen people fit later model Forester XT top mounts on EJ20G's as they seem skinnier. Any one know if they are any better?

I have a few top mounts and test fitted them today. Looks like a 99 model one will fit (Just), though I don't know about the piping etc. Looks like it will fit.

I can fabricate brackets so no issue there.

I basically want to know if its worth it.

Cheers

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

The cooler itself is only half the issue. The other half is the bonnet duct. 

You could look at an RS Turbo water to air intercooler. They tend to work pretty well and dont need a matching bonnet duct

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Josh18

Josh18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:02 AM

Thanks mate. I've done a bit more looking into it and it seems the old slanty is not too bad, the pipe feeding it is not too good though. Apparently the hot ticket is an STI one, but they are unobtainium and dont actually fit the wrx intercooler. AVO make a cast alluminium pipe which I think might be the best compromise, and if I really find it an issue I think a water sprayer would be pretty easy to set up.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users