#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:23 PM

Gents, does anyone know if the Cam belts for the Aus spec STi models are the same lengths as the AVCS models from Japan? Don't want to get a timing belt kit to suit the 00 to 07 local STi if it's not going to suit the single AVCS Jap spec STi engine I have. Rather not throw money down the drain. I'd get something like this through Partsouq if I had the Vin written down from the donor car, but alas, I wasn't thinking like this when I originally got the engine put in.

Any assistance would be awesome, I do know this is a fairly specific question.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:29 PM

Is there any way you could search a vin from a suitable car?

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:52 AM

Last time I went searching for a VIN it took me days to find one. Chassis codes don't seem to be an issue to find but VINs are a little more elusive. Really should have written it down in a safer spot. My concern is that the cam gear is a larger diameter in the AVCS motors to account for the respective mechanicals, which should in theory make the belts longer to account for it.

I guess that some would consider me being after some spoon feeding, but I really don't want to spend the rest of my weekend looking for a VIN number.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:15 AM

I found one but won’t drop it on here. Search for a 2006 model in Vic. With several of the pics you can work around the blurring of the number plate to do a rego check ;)

Cam belt part number for a 2006 STi Impreza (partsouq doesn’t show the STi description bit - definitely an STi though):
13028AA240 - currently out of stock.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#5 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:29 AM

Theres a 2005 STi on gumtree in WA with the VIN listed. It runs a different cam belt: 13028AA200 - currently out of stock. The 240 part number above is listed as a substitute.

This one is listed as a 2L. I cant remember if the one above in the previous post was a 2L or 2.5L.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#6 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

Should be the same. 

Gents, does anyone know if the Cam belts for the Aus spec STi models are the same lengths as the AVCS models from Japan? Don't want to get a timing belt kit to suit the 00 to 07 local STi if it's not going to suit the single AVCS Jap spec STi engine I have. Rather not throw money down the drain. I'd get something like this through Partsouq if I had the Vin written down from the donor car, but alas, I wasn't thinking like this when I originally got the engine put in.

Any assistance would be awesome, I do know this is a fairly specific question.

Cheers,
Ben

All AUDM GD STi are single AVCS so that wont be an issue at all. 

jf1gdbkh35g050728

Is a vin for an AUDM GD STI

tIeW8DE.png

#7 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:23 PM

Thanks fellas. This is the info I was chasing. Will be putting an order through in the next few days.

Cheers,
Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users