4 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 June 2022 - 09:23 PM

Hi all I was just given a 04 liberty from my brother and when I lock the car eather from the keyfob or the main window switch inside the car the passenger door isn't locking. The drivers door and both back doors lock and unlock but not the passenger I can manually lock it if I lean accross and lock it but that's it just wondering if anyone here can shed some light on what the issues could be thanks.

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:13 PM

If they lock and then unlock straight away, the car is thinking that there is a door still open. Sounds like the passenger door is the culprit. Unsure how to fix it, but nothing that an auto sparky couldn't sort out.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 02:41 AM

The back doors and drivers door stey locked but the passenger door doesn't even lock then unlock it all other doors seem to fine just that one playing up.

#4 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 01 July 2022 - 10:55 AM

sounds like a problem with the wiring to that door, or the actuator.

I'd start by pulling the door cord plug and seeing if the actuator is getting the lock signal.

More like the actuator in the door has failed.

All four lock actuators are powered from the same wires from the entry control module.

#5 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:59 PM

I'd also start at the actuator.

If not that and it's a wiring issue, start looking between the door and the pillar as this is a common fail point.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users