aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 17 July 2023 - 12:12 PM

Sup ya'll,

After seeing Kong's thread documenting the progress of his VA WRX, it has motivated me to do the same..

A little while ago an opportunity came up to get my hands on a Levorg which is a car i've often looked at with interest so decided to buy. I've owned it now for a little under 2 years and have really enjoyed it thus far. As far as future mods go there isn't much i really want to do apart from JDM style number plates, CS rear diffuser and maybe one day a 6 speed swap.

It was turned at Diversion Garage up here in Brisbane and is making 179kw at the wheels which i'm told is about as far as it should be pushed with the CVT to remain reliable. I probably could have got the same gains with a chargepipe, dump and tune but that's no fun is it!

Mods:

Processwest Khanacooler
Processwest Cold Air Intake
Processwest Chargepipe
X-Force Headers
Ultrex 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
Perrin TGV Delete
Perrin Turbo Sump Restrictor

Grimmspeed 3 Port BCS

IAG EGR Delete
Turbosmart kompact BOV
Brembo (front) with DBA T2 Rotors
Blitz Front and Rear Strut Braces

WRX Front Bar & Front Fenders with STI Inserts
STI Side Skirts, Rear Pods and Spoiler Extention
Chargespeed Style Front Lip
Silvers Neomax S Coilovers
Debadged Boot Lid
Exterior Chrome Delete
Black and White Subaru Badges Front & Rear
Black Eyelids
Colour Matched Mirrors
Auto Folding Mirrors
HKS Floor Mats
STI CVT Shift Knob
Zerosport EVA Pocket Inserts
Axis Interior Carbon Trim Kit (door handles, air vents, centre console and dash)
Alpine Halo9 ILX-F59A Head Unit
Kenwood Hi-Res Front and Rear Speakers
Kenwood X302-4 Amp
Kicker 11HS8 Slim Subwoofer
STI Stop Start Button

STI Pedal Set
BuddyClub Carbon Fibre and Leather Stearing Wheel

HIC Weather Shields

Tints All Around
Cobb Redline Engine Cover
Cobb Radiator Shroud
Zerosports Oil and Radiator Caps
Project Mu Brake Fluid Cap
Cusco Battery Tiedown
Konig HyperGram 18x8.5 +35 Wheels Matte Black
Dunlop Sportmaxx 245/40/18 Tyres

gallery_13_196_136930.jpg

gallery_13_196_74979.jpg

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 17 July 2023 - 03:09 PM

Yeah awesome! I love the look of the Levorgs but doubt I’ll ever have one in my stables with the way I’m rolling at the moment!

Hopefully there’s more to this story in the future AekOne, it’s good to see some new build threads on the forum!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 JDP

JDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2023 - 03:39 PM

That's awesome mate! Looks great, it sits real nice ... love it.

You sure have put a lot of work into it. 

Chuck up some pics of the engine & interior mods when you get a chance. I'm keen for a sticky beak  ^_^

#4 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 17 July 2023 - 04:55 PM

Fark, Who's this Aek cubt ??

Car looks great, with heaps of nice mods

#5 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 17 July 2023 - 09:13 PM

And he's back! Nice to see another thread appear. Was not aware you'd moved up a state though, that's pretty insane! Sounds like it's becoming quite the play toy! Second Josh, needs more pics!

What's happened with the unicorn, dare I ask? Last I'd read, it was still around, albeit in bits...

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#6 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 17 July 2023 - 10:43 PM

Blast from the past, welcome back Aek! Nice ride mate.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#7 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 19 July 2023 - 05:12 PM

Yeah awesome! I love the look of the Levorgs but doubt I’ll ever have one in my stables with the way I’m rolling at the moment!

Hopefully there’s more to this story in the future AekOne, it’s good to see some new build threads on the forum!

Cheers

Bennie

cheers mate, i hope there is more to the story too!! the levorgs have the grey interior roof liner and plastics so i'm thinking of getting a black set of plastic's from a WRX and dyeing the roof liner to make it a bit more moody on the inside. I just ordered a chargespeed style rear diffuser so that'll be the next thing to go on then to tackle the roof liner i think..

That's awesome mate! Looks great, it sits real nice ... love it.

You sure have put a lot of work into it. 

Chuck up some pics of the engine & interior mods when you get a chance. I'm keen for a sticky beak  ^_^

Thank you sir. 

Pics below of the engine and interior (i have't put the new steering wheel on yet but will be sure to update the post when i do).

I want to do those fender shrouds like you have so i need make sure i add those to the to do list too!

Actually that makes me think, i have a set of genuine Subaru carbon dash trim's for VA WRX/STI if you didn't already have them and looking for an upgrade. They're off a 2018 STI in mint contdition with no broken clips or marks. let me know and i can send you come pics..

gallery_13_196_3314156.jpeg

gallery_13_196_2644084.jpeg

Cruisin with the Mrs and her Impreza..

gallery_13_196_16658.jpg

Fark, Who's this Aek cubt ??
Car looks great, with heaps of nice mods

Forken eh cnbt!! Hope ya well mate. 

You reckon anyone would be up for some kind of iteration of HVC24? Was speaking to a couple of lads at Dylans wedding and there was some interest to do something and then there was the FB post not so long ago so thinking about trying to make something happen with the old school crew?

And he's back! Nice to see another thread appear. Was not aware you'd moved up a state though, that's pretty insane! Sounds like it's becoming quite the play toy! Second Josh, needs more pics!

What's happened with the unicorn, dare I ask? Last I'd read, it was still around, albeit in bits...

Cheers,
Ben

hey ben what's new mate? yeah i moved up here almost 2 years ago now. it's quite different to back in Sydney but i'm getting used to it and definately can't see myself heading back down any time soon..

mate the unicorn lives on! not in pieces, just hard parked out the front. She was actually running well but was only driving it maybe once a month if that. A couple of months ago the thermo fans have decided to stop working so haven't had a chance to looking that and find out what's wrong. this weekends project i think. I have a trackday at our local track up here, Lakeside Park in a few weeks so need to get it sorted before then!

Blast from the past, welcome back Aek! Nice ride mate.

Ello ello Jase how ya been mate? hope you're keeping well! 

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#8 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 19 July 2023 - 08:11 PM

Forken eh cnbt!! Hope ya well mate. 

You reckon anyone would be up for some kind of iteration of HVC24? Was speaking to a couple of lads at Dylans wedding and there was some interest to do something and then there was the FB post not so long ago so thinking about trying to make something happen with the old school crew?

Yeah Aek, I think there would be OG crew members that would go 4 sure.

We just did a Walcha run with the boys last month, only 3 Mexicans went.

But HVC2024 would be something very special and probs attract more Mexicans to cross the border.

#9 JDP

JDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 07:31 AM

The Axis Interior Carbon Trim Kit looks forking mint. That's exactly how the interior should've come from the factory instead of them skimping out on the boring cheap plastic look. It makes a massive difference, it looks so nice man. I have a scratch near my window switches on the driver's door and after seeing yours I'm definitely going the same direction. They're from the USA yeah? 

Definitely do the WRX A-pillar trims and black hood lining, you won't regret it. The WRX sun visors are dark too so grab some of them if you can. My old Impreza was light grey and it was one of the first things I noticed about the WRX when I sat in it at the dealer, the difference is huge.

I'm pretty sure a HVC style meet-up would attract a very decent number of the OG members. I know I've been thinking the same thing over the last few years. I often go back and watch Shaz's HVC vids and fork it makes me smile. Such good times & so many awesome cars  :drinks:

#10 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 30 July 2023 - 01:06 AM

hey ben what's new mate? yeah i moved up here almost 2 years ago now. it's quite different to back in Sydney but i'm getting used to it and definately can't see myself heading back down any time soon..

mate the unicorn lives on! not in pieces, just hard parked out the front. She was actually running well but was only driving it maybe once a month if that. A couple of months ago the thermo fans have decided to stop working so haven't had a chance to looking that and find out what's wrong. this weekends project i think. I have a trackday at our local track up here, Lakeside Park in a few weeks so need to get it sorted before then!

Going alright man, been flat out also! That's great to hear that she's still around and kicking! Even if there's issues...
Hopefully it's an easy fix.

I'd be keen for HVC2024, but the logistics behind going have gotten a bit more complicated now there's a mini-me kicking around...

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#11 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 30 July 2023 - 04:26 PM

As per Boss Kong's post above

100% this, we were so lucky to have Shaz make those amazing vids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users