5 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 August 2023 - 11:52 PM

Hi all I have just swapped my h6 engine with another one due to a head gasket failure. Everything is back together and the engine is turning over but not starting I have pulled the fuel line off its getting fuel. My fuel actuator has breathing line on it that ran into the back of the old intake manifold but the new engine doesn't have the line on the back of the manifold. Can that cause it not to start any help would be great thanks.

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 03 August 2023 - 09:49 AM

Did you put the sheet metal sensor wheel back on the new engine? Wouldn't be a hard one to forget, and they fall off easily as well.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 12:06 PM

Where is it located I've never heard of that sensor before so I'll check the new engine came with all the sensors on it but I'll double check

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 03 August 2023 - 12:38 PM

It's a small plate that sits over the tail end of the crank where the flywheel/torque plate bolts to. It has a heap of lumps and things in it so the crank sensor knows what position the crank is at.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 01:47 PM

Ok I'll check that out I hooked up my scan tool and I'm getting 2 different codes p0345 camshaft position sensor A circuit Bank 2 and p0340 camshaft position sensor A circuit Bank 1 or single sensor I replaced the 2 cam Shaft behind the metal heat shields and still getting the same codes

#6 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 August 2023 - 01:53 PM

And is that the little black sensor under the inspection plug under the aire intake box that bolts onto to throttle body on the passenger side that little black plastic cover that pops out there's a sensor under it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users