8 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 August 2023 - 09:20 PM

Hi all I have finally fixed all the other issues with my liberty it's running great now but only issue now is my headlights. I have no low beam on eather headlight both have high beam Parker's and indicators. I have check both low beam bulbs heather are blown I checked bothe relays and to 2 15 amp fuses under the bonnet neather are blown same as the 7.5 amp fuses in the cabin. I dunno what else to check any help would be great thanks.

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 09 August 2023 - 10:57 PM

So both low beams are out, not blown globes or fuses?
Do you have 12V at the plug on the low beam connector?
You hear relays click when the low beams are turned on?
I'm guessing you have standard halogen (with a filament) globes, and not HID's?
Considering each side is powered by a separate relay, and if everything else checks out, I'd be looking at plugs and wires.

Fault finding over the internet is difficult, but we'll try!

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 06:10 AM

Yeah both low beams are out but bothe high beams are working same as Parker's are high and low beams on the same fuses/relays ?

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 10 August 2023 - 06:35 AM

Five separate circuits AFAIK. Get a hold of the gen4 schematics to prove it, but that's how gen3 runs, and I doubt they'd change something like that.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 06:57 AM

Ok I'll have a look I changed engine wiring harness over to my original one to get the engine running again I can't see anything unplugged but I'll go over it all again today Aswell

#6 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 08:43 AM

Can a relay or fuse go bad and only work one beam like not work on low beam but work on high beam ? I'm not the best with wiring and stuff cause I'm colour blind so try not to play around much with it even thow high beam is working still would it be worth swapping the relays over to new ones to see if that solves the issue I'm having and the fuses too ?

#7 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 10 August 2023 - 07:23 PM

It could be the globes as the end of their service life - especially if you drive around all the time with the low beam on which is super easy to do in a Subaru since they turn off with the ignition switch. The filament may not be broken but it’s toasted so it doesn’t produce light any more. It will have a crusty kind of flaky metal look to it rather than a smooth coiled filament going by the eye check.

I’d try a known good globe to rule them out as the issue or prove that they are the issue ;)

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#8 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 10 August 2023 - 10:23 PM

pull the bulbs and check if there's electrickery at the bulb contacts.

Work your way backwards from there.

#9 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 12:20 AM

Problem fixed both bulbs have been replaced and there working must of been an issue with them I used a test light on the connector that plugs intl the globe and turn the switch on and off and the connector came on and off so I replaced the globes and we have low beam light again thanks guys for all your help here been a pleasure chatting with you all. Absolute legends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users