5 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 11:38 PM

Hi all so I finally got my suby back on the Rd today after a engine swap and few small issues that have now all been sorted she's driving like a brand new car again but I keep getting 2 codes p0171 system too lean bank 1 and p0174 system too lean bank 2. I can clear the codes and drive the car all day and it don't come back on but when I turn the car off then back on a few minutes after driving it comes back on again. There seems to be no change at all in the engine not running raugh or sluggish or missing still very smooth same power so not to sure what could be causing it. Any help would be great

#2 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 08:03 AM

ECU is trying to add excessive amounts of fuel to get the lambdas in the right range.  H6 has an O2 sensor on each exhaust, so something common to the two banks.

Intake leaks (excess air), fuel pressure low, temperature sensor etc.   Go through the list in the FSM.

I wonder if the fact it occurs early (cold engine) points to anything?

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 09:45 AM

It does it hot and cold I drove for 2 hours turned it of then started it 5 minutes later then after driving for a couple of minutes the light came on again I cleared it then last night it was cold hadent driven it for a good 3 to 4 hours and after a minute or 2 the light came on again so seems to be both hot and cold but still seems to run perfect

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 12 August 2023 - 09:37 PM

How old are the O2 sensors?

Sounds like they might not be heating up as expected. Just a guess.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#5 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 12 August 2023 - 10:30 PM

Oxy sensor heaters are renowned for dying in the H6 models. I've got stored codes for both of my front ones still.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#6 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 August 2023 - 11:26 PM

Ide say they would be the original ones can they cause that lean code to come on I thought oxy sensor had a different code and would say oxy sensor not lean on bank 1 and bank 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users