5 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 08:20 PM

Hi all I keep getting the p0171 system running too lean bank 1 code I've replaced both my front 02 sensors and I've checked hoses for splits cant find any I clear th codes drive for a while then the code comes back on. What else can I check to try and resolve this issue? Also there is no change at all in the engine or anything when the code is it runs perfect still.

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:22 PM

Got a vacuum leak or an injector or two running lean?

How many km and what’s been done already?

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 10:44 PM

I've checked all lines can't see anywhere it can be leaking from I've cleaned the pcv valve I've changed both the front 02 sensors I had remove the intake manifold and replace it with the original manifold of my original motor the gaskets are the rubber ring ones so I reused them I've cleaned the maf sensor next step I was thinking of doing is the fuel pressure regulator is the regulator inside the tank or is it that what the fuel lines are connected too in the engine bay passenger side top corner near the fuse box ? And possibly the fuel filter. Im not sure what else to check

#4 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 August 2023 - 03:28 PM

Should I replace the intake manifold gaskets or put some gasket maker glue on them not sure if there was a slight leak there somewhere if that will cause this cel issue but still seems to run perfectly ? Also how can I test if the injectors are running lean ?
Should I replace the intake manifold gaskets or put some gasket maker glue on them not sure if there was a slight leak there somewhere if that will cause this cel issue but still seems to run perfectly ? Also how can I test if the injectors are running lean ?

#5 JDP

JDP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 August 2023 - 07:23 PM

Out of curiosity, were the replacement sensors genuine or after market?

#6 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 August 2023 - 09:53 PM

Genuine I think I've sorted the issue now I pulled off the intake manifold there was a sensor that has 2 hoses coming off it and one of the plastic bits that the hose goes onto was broken so I used the one off my other manifold on original motor and the light hasn't come on in a few days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users