allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 03 November 2023 - 06:16 PM

G'day mods,

Whats the go with the site no longer being secure? Android now pops up with some stupid bloody warning message everytime I go to post lately. Is this an android update thats caused this, or has the site lost some form of accessibility we used to otherwise have?

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 03 November 2023 - 07:39 PM

G'day mods,

Whats the go with the site no longer being secure? Android now pops up with some stupid bloody warning message everytime I go to post lately. Is this an android update thats caused this, or has the site lost some form of accessibility we used to otherwise have?

Cheers,
Ben

Hey Ben,

I used to get a message from my virus protection and it would let me on the site. I messaged them and they released it from the banned list.

Now it works fine, I had no forum access for nearly 2 years

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 03 November 2023 - 08:32 PM

That sucks monkey's balls Simon! This is just on my phone, and my protection is letting it through no dramas. I think this is chrome chucking up warnings that, until this week, were never there; I suspect this is just the latest version of chrome throwing a tanty (I updated recently), but I'm not completely sure, which is why I posted. I'll post a screenshot later on to try and help. I've no idea if this is an issue on PC or not.

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 November 2023 - 09:15 AM

Dont think ive ever seen this site with an SSL/HTTPs certificate but yes most browsers complain a lot about it now. Not really the end of the world as youre not putting payment info or bank deets in here 

tIeW8DE.png

#5 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 10:25 AM

Dont think ive ever seen this site with an SSL/HTTPs certificate but yes most browsers complain a lot about it now. Not really the end of the world as youre not putting payment info or bank deets in here 

The site does have an SSL certificate. However, it has content being loaded from insecure sources which causes mixed content errors/warnings. Like your footer image, for example.

#6 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 15 November 2023 - 11:27 AM

Thatd do it

tIeW8DE.png

#7 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 15 November 2023 - 07:34 PM

The site does have an SSL certificate. However, it has content being loaded from insecure sources which causes mixed content errors/warnings. Like your footer image, for example.

That’s weird. On ausubaru.com.au I’ve got third party hosted images all over the forum like the signature pic below and it’s got the little padlock symbol beside the url. This site has “not secure” but doesn’t take me to a warning page or anything like that.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#8 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 15 November 2023 - 07:56 PM

Just for curiosities sake. Wonder whether a recent update has changed anything...

Would you look at that... The error message has changed, but is still there. And if I push send anyway, it actually sends rather than just pushing me back to a login screen...

#9 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 16 November 2023 - 08:53 PM

Maybe we should ask Optus if they know a thing or two about update issues…
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users