• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

Heya ahmm jus looking for some help here. Basically when I bought my Auto Gen3 B4 the previous owner changed the centre dash console from the original automatic to a manual one (Prbly to hide the real mileage :mad: ) Anyway either it was not fitted up properly or bulbs are blown. Some of the indicators do not work and light up like the check engine light, oil light etc. Also the arm to the right of the steering wheel that controls the brightness of the dash lights do not work. It is permanently on the dimmest glow. How do I diagnose and fix this the easiest way possible? Also where can I find the right type of bulbs in case some are blown. Wouldn't mind changing the color of the console as well.

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

1st step would be contacting previous owner and finding out exactly what they did/touched/changed, at least that way you've got something to start with.

#3 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

No chance for that buzzda. Car was imported and I bought it from a local car dealership so there is no contact for the previous owner. thx anyway.

++Decided that the dash cluster will have to be pulled down and everything else needed to get the color i want++

This is the look im aiming for:
Posted Image

So I also want to change the ac unit lights and key light to red. Everything green to red.
Posted Image

Can someone with experience guide me to get this done. Im keen on getting my dash fixed up to look like the pics.

#4 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:14 PM

OK if you want to DIY then search on here for gen3 workshop man and use wiring diagrams (I know its here somewhere, I d/loaded it on monday). or save yourself alot of PITA and go to an auto leccy.

#5 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

You got photos of your dash cluster? What exact year and model / spec is your car?

#6 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

Surely you need more gauges than that! ;)
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#7 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

Heya ahmm jus looking for some help here. Basically when I bought my Auto Gen3 B4 the previous owner changed the centre dash console from the original automatic to a manual one (Prbly to hide the real mileage :mad: ) Anyway either it was not fitted up properly or bulbs are blown. Some of the indicators do not work and light up like the check engine light, oil light etc. Also the arm to the right of the steering wheel that controls the brightness of the dash lights do not work. It is permanently on the dimmest glow.

How do I diagnose and fix this the easiest way possible? Also where can I find the right type of bulbs in case some are blown. Wouldn't mind changing the color of the console as well.

if the dimmer is not working i would suggest trying out another illumination control unit.

easy to get to (its attached to the back side of the removable knee panel under the steering wheel) or possibly behind the glovebox next to the keyless control unit. its got a big white sticker that says "illum cont unit" and its about half the size of a ciggy pack.

try swap one with someone close to you will take 5 mins and if it all works then you know what to go grab from the wreckers.

also check your fuses, if the illum control fuse is gone i think it defaults to highest resistance (not 100% sure about that though)

EDIT: also.. I LIKE THE RED Climate Control!!! if only i could get one from work to fiddle with!
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#8 tinhow

tinhow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Been lookin at some replacement bulbs for the side door and dome lights as well. Just need confirmation if the light for the US spec Legacy GT is the same as JDM version. For the side door im seein bulb 1694/DE3021 and for the dome im seein DE3175.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users