• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Got em in. Pics for anyone interested http://img182.images...p?g=1003388.jpg Opinions??

#2 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

Decent ride height - how are they to drive with? Needs bigger rims to fill the gap, otherwise nice.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#3 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

I like, needs to be higher at the back ;) How much did u get them for? i thought you where getting your billies rebuilt? (im jealous i want adjustable shocks!)

#4 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:21 PM

Decent ride height - how are they to drive with?

Needs bigger rims to fill the gap, otherwise nice.

I've only driven it bout 500m down the rd to get wheel align. their definently firmer but not "jolty" at all... won't get to go for decent drive till tomoz.

Agreed on the wheels, but they're last on the list (unless a cheap set of sti's come up).

#5 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

I like, needs to be higher at the back ;) How much did u get them for? i thought you where getting your billies rebuilt? (im jealous i want adjustable shocks!)

they aren't adjustable, they are the billies rebuilt (Heasmans) to suit the Teins, (lowered and the rates changed). they even gave me a dyno like sheet with the before and after rates on it (not that I know how to read it).

#6 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

lol whoops when i read Tein i just assumed they where coilovers

#7 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

OK picked her up from W/Align took for little drive (8k) along the worst streets I could think of and WOW! there's sooooo much difference these are def more comfy than they were (i spose they did have 160K on em). handling wise has made a huge diff aswell the little bit of body roll that was still there after the s/bars went on is gone. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#8 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:27 PM

Nice mate, good to see your satisfied with it! How much did the strut rebuilding cost? Also thanks for the pics, are you able to take some fully side on shots with the new springs (not 3/4 shots like you have) and do you have a side on shot of your car at stock ride height? I'd love to compare the two as the S.techs are on my shopping list too!
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#9 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

http://img512.images...?g=1003178g.jpg thats bout the best I could do, don't have any before pics directly side on (cos I didn't like the w/arch gap, :nea: ) but took a couple side on of it lowered, thought at least that way you could compare it to yours. $$ wise total for rebuild was $982 (not inc freight). I was quoted a bit more (400pr rebuild + 146pr to change rates) so was stoked bout that too. when they were getting done Paul said the fronts (rates) would be OK but would be better if they were changed. can't recommend this enough Went for a drive early this morn (so no traffic) round my "test track" and holy hell it's sooooooo much better, "drivability" is exceptional, soaks up the bumps well, easily adds 20% or more to cnr speed, feels alot more responsive plus get s!iteloads of feedback. with the swaybars and endlinks it sits flat as and with the adrenalins its just freaking awesome. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#10 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:26 AM

That is sitting PERFECTLY. Looks sooo much better even still with the stock rims!! Thats quite a bit of coin for the rebuilds (although I don't doubt they have been done properly). Did the guy say anything about the rears-as you mention the fronts "could" have been left as is in terms of rate. Also I can't quite remember from your original post whether you were getting the struts lowered as well as the rates changed? Thanks for posting up those pics and any other info mate. BIG help for me as these springs are looking like goers- good look and good ride.
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#11 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

I agree buz, I got my billies rebuilt, and the rate bumped up a notch (to suit my springs) and it was hell wicked! glad i did it. though, mine was a little more pricier to get done. the workshop in particular in Sydney has a monopoly in selling and servicing bilstein suspension, and thus, charge like a wounded bull. nonetheless, i'm happy i did it! :)

#12 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

That is sitting PERFECTLY. Looks sooo much better even still with the stock rims!!

Thats quite a bit of coin for the rebuilds (although I don't doubt they have been done properly). Did the guy say anything about the rears-as you mention the fronts "could" have been left as is in terms of rate. Also I can't quite remember from your original post whether you were getting the struts lowered as well as the rates changed?

Thanks for posting up those pics and any other info mate. BIG help for me as these springs are looking like goers- good look and good ride.

no wukkas, yeah they were lowered, revalved and new rates. I gave them the spring details (rates and amt they were sposed to lower it) and let Paul work out the details. he said the rears def needed rates changed with the new springs.

the cheapest price i could get new billies was $1247 a set. even if it was the same IMO rebuild is the way to go as now they're specific for the springs (should last longer).

I agree buz, I got my billies rebuilt, and the rate bumped up a notch (to suit my springs) and it was hell wicked!

glad i did it.

though, mine was a little more pricier to get done. the workshop in particular in Sydney has a monopoly in selling and servicing bilstein suspension, and thus, charge like a wounded bull.

nonetheless, i'm happy i did it!

:)

where did you get em done?
curious as I sent mine to Heasmans (Sydney Shock Absorbers).
the internals (shafts, etc) were still good, they said that kept the $$ down abit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users