#1 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hi Guys Had a go at fitting the GT rear wing to see how it would look on my wagon. Had a bit of a problem with it interfering with the body of the car when opening the tail gate. It looks like underneath there were studs at the back of the wing and these would pull the wing tight to the cars body. But these are gone, and my boot lid doesn't have the holes obviously any way. How have others fitted this wing? i think I've decided i like it, would it be a sikaflex job, or do i need to shave the wing a bit too to make the clearance a bit better? Cheers, Adam

Posted Image

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

Ive done it twice now. Does the wing have the three threaded screws in it? As for hitting the roof on opening the tailgate, you have it positioned too far forward. It should sit about 5mm back fron the edge of the tailgate. Both mine have had the three threaded screws in it, but you dont need the two tabs at the front. I sanded these out and just used double sided tape on the front edge. I did a DIY at OZLiberty on the marking up for fitment...... But you cant view it now as the site sucks teh balls.

OEM+

#3 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hi Guys

Had a go at fitting the GT rear wing to see how it would look on my wagon.

Had a bit of a problem with it interfering with the body of the car when opening the tail gate. It looks like underneath there were studs at the back of the wing and these would pull the wing tight to the cars body. But these are gone, and my boot lid doesn't have the holes obviously any way.

How have others fitted this wing? i think I've decided i like it, would it be a sikaflex job, or do i need to shave the wing a bit too to make the clearance a bit better?

Cheers,

Adam

unfortunately when i got the spoiler from japan this is how i got it, i'd go see a panel beater for best advice on fitting it.

put it on. will finish the car off :D

MY07 GT spec B

#4 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

I didnt even bother searching ozliberty, i cant stand the signature pics taking up the entire screen on my laptop. It has the 3 threaded screws, ill have another look tonight maybe, and see if i can pull it further forward. if not i think ill sand the part that interferes, and give it a spray as its got a few scratches anyway. Alex, it looks much better than i thought it would, i was thinking of a different wing. It will finish the car off nicely.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users