• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chamin

Chamin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hey guys, I just got a new Clutch fork, Clutch Kit and Solid Flywheel installed in my 2004 Gen4 Liberty 2.5i. Now theres a metalic rattle at low revs in 2nd. Anyone know what this could be? PS ive tried removing the heat shielding, so its not that. Cheers Guys

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Hey mate did the clutch kit include a new throw-out (thrust) bearing as well?

#3 Chamin

Chamin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Yeh mate, The reason why i got all the new components was because of a 'squashed' throwout bearing. Ive taken the car back to John French Subaru in brisbane a few times now, they cant seem to find whats causing it.... It only comes if i change into 2nd early, at low revs, and then open the throttle. (i think thats when the engine is vibrating the most).

#4 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:35 PM

Interesting. Only in 2nd gear @ low RPM? Not present in other gears like 3rd 4th or 5th? Have you had your engine and transmission mounts inspected? Not sure for Gen4, but there may also be transmission crossmember mounts / pillow mounts that you should have inspected too.

#5 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Yeh mate, The reason why i got all the new components was because of a 'squashed' throwout bearing. Ive taken the car back to John French Subaru in brisbane a few times now, they cant seem to find whats causing it.... It only comes if i change into 2nd early, at low revs, and then open the throttle. (i think thats when the engine is vibrating the most).

Colin and the boys should look after you, they are a good bunch of blokes down there.
Obviously the problem wasn't there pre clutch repair. And you're sure all the exhaust covers are tight.
My car had a similar problem and I found one of the spot welds had come away and hence the vibration.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#6 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

Colin and the boys should look after you, they are a good bunch of blokes down there.
Obviously the problem wasn't there pre clutch repair. And you're sure all the exhaust covers are tight.
My car had a similar problem and I found one of the spot welds had come away and hence the vibration.

+1.

that wasnt the rx was it frank?

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#7 93tzlegacy

93tzlegacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

it could be the metal plate that sits under the engine, it may be bent or loose, hence the rattle.

Benny's Custom Works supplying OEM new, aftermarket new and used parts at the best prices 

0415 522 512

wagonsyndicatesig.jpg

#8 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:47 PM

Check the intercooler if the hoses are tight, it sounds like the cooler hitting the firewall as your accelerating, also check the rear gearbox mount too.

#9 toadcat

toadcat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:14 PM

My NA Gen3 EJ25 does this EXACT thing in 2nd gear too. Rattles very loudly when pulling off at ~1.5k rpm in 2nd gear.

#10 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

it could be the metal plate that sits under the engine, it may be bent or loose, hence the rattle.

hmmm i might have to look into this for myself, as i too have the rattling, but this is one point i haven't checked

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users