• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:03 PM

found this on ozlib thought it might be handy for others http://www.ozliberty...wtopic&id=17686

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:07 AM

Changed f/pump this morn, the new sock that came with the GSS342 has a 90 bend so don't have to use old one anymore...

Posted Image

#3 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

Did you replace the rubber seal at the bottom of the housing? I was in a rush and forgot a cpl weeks back when i replaced mine. :o Hasn't come off, yet.....

#4 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Did you replace the rubber seal at the bottom of the housing? I was in a rush and forgot a cpl weeks back when i replaced mine. :o Hasn't come off, yet.....

This the gremlin yr talking bout?

Posted Image

If it is I didn't replace it as the old one fitted better (the new one was too thick and the top bit didn't fit the hole)

I did both the o-ring in the filter housing and on the filter.

#5 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

yeh mate, thats the one. just cbf'd taking it out again. :blush: Those plastic connectors are too fragile when pulling off those hoses.... I changed both also. That o-ring filter was a b1tch to get back on too! :mad:

#6 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:51 AM

yeh mate, thats the one. just cbf'd taking it out again. :blush: Those plastic connectors are too fragile when pulling off those hoses....

I changed both also. That o-ring filter was a b1tch to get back on too! :mad:

Yeah they are really fragile, break any?? apparently the subaru dealer here break bout 6 a week , I managed not to :yahoo: no twisting, turning, jiggling etc just slowly pulled them.

When I picked up the filter etc. My mech told me to coat the o-rings with a bit of oil, I did and found it went back on easy... he also said to make sure the o-ring on the filter went back on the same way it came off as its shaped like a v

#7 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

yeh i did unfortunately. One f*cking costly one too.. :angry:

#8 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Bummer, out of curiousity, are they hard to replace? and if ya don't mind how much?

#9 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:14 PM

I had snapped the middle plastic connector. Although it looks like a 'cap' which can be replaced, its actually connected to the whole housing; despite my hacking at it. You wouldn't believe the cost. Subaru quoted, for a brand new assembly, $1200 bucks. I was stunned and told the operator he's got to be f*cking kidding.

They were pretty hard to find a wrecker or the like stocking em. Subabits had one spare; but ironically one of their connectors were broken. Ringed several other joints all of who quotered $240+ for a replacement. Hondawreck had a smashed Gen3 which luckily had one and parted with it for $170. Lesson learnt.

So for all you DIY'ers, take care when disconnecting the hoses. From experience, its a costly piece of plastic....

#10 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

OUCH!!! Thats ridiculous $$ for something that obviously breaks all the time and very easily too... Subaru obviously don't like people servicing their own cars... At that cost I'll be getting my mech to change the filter next time it needs it... not worth the risk.

#11 B4Cruiser

B4Cruiser

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

At that cost I'll be getting my mech to change the filter next time it needs it... not worth the risk.

Spot on mate. I was hoping to save some $$ installing it myself before my final retune. Woulda costed me the same or less to get the mech to install the pump and tune as well. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users