←  General Discussion

Suby Club

»

Hard rubbish

Guest_aurelius_* 23 Sep 2009

Petrol to look around for hard rubbish: $1.84
Credit used to call a mate: $1.68
Finding a free complete EJ20H and using their engine crane to wheel it back: Priceless

Posted Image

buzzda's Photo buzzda 23 Sep 2009

Serious? Does it go? The things some people throw away :wacko: ...

There's a big chunk taken out on one side of the block because the guy tried to run 20psi. Everything else is fine...

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 23 Sep 2009

You and Ty are the ultimate scroungers!

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 23 Sep 2009

Haha, yeah what a night :D that crane made a hell of alot of noise wheeling it home too lol

Alex's Photo Alex 23 Sep 2009

so what do you plan to do with this motor, despite giggle like schoolgirls?

Scuba-Roo's Photo Scuba-Roo 23 Sep 2009

Use the heads for ej235? Build

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 23 Sep 2009

You should make it into a coffee table! just add a piece of glass! (it would be easier than repairing it)

Use the heads for ej235? Build

they're garbage for any decent build.

Shiv's Photo Shiv 23 Sep 2009

You should make it into a coffee table! just add a piece of glass! (it would be easier than repairing it)

I second this! I've always wanted one of those....

so what do you plan to do with this motor, despite giggle like schoolgirls?

Find another and build a H8!

It's pretty much Ty's basically free turbo conversion for the summer.

It's pretty much Ty's basically free turbo conversion for the summer.

I dont think it works that way :P

The words 'free' and 'coversion' dont work well together

Shiv's Photo Shiv 23 Sep 2009

The words 'free' and 'coversion' dont work well together

I second this also :P

But good luck to Ty, hope all goes well :empathy3: If it all works out - thats pretty freakin' awesome!

CodeBurn3r's Photo CodeBurn3r 23 Sep 2009

I plan on getting a decent shortblock from work and slowly building this up, its not a monster power maker but thats not what i want. I plan on slowly gathering the rest of the stuff i need and spending quite a while building this up, my engine works fine for now so no hurry. it will end up being a bit of a franken motor, i dont know a hell of alot about the turb motors but it gives me something to read up about and learn about now. I may even convert to Single before it goes in. who knows.. but at this price im not complaining, its given me a much needed head start and something to start working with. Missus is a bit annoyed cause the just cleared the garage out 2 hours before i got it.. so now garage is going to start filling up with more car parts :P Out of curiosity as far as mixing heads with blocks, what goes with the EJ20H heads? from a quick search last night it appears the heads are same as 96-97 rex? also intake has yellow tops what are these again? is it the yellow or grey that are better?

Jimbo's Photo Jimbo 23 Sep 2009

Yellow tops!? You might have scored an EJ20R there sunshine.

LOL @ H8 I'm still failing to see how you're ahead with this motor and a "turbo conversion" there is still a plethora of things that need to be considered before the thing actually starts, let alone, drives, let alone, doesn't blow up! Buying an STi frontcut is getting ahead. Scratch that. Buying a car with a turbo motor in it already is getting ahead! But, by all means. Continue. Tristan's been a little quiet of late, and we're running short of LOLS!

alexGT's Photo alexGT 23 Sep 2009

sorry mate but you paid too much!

LOL @ H8

I'm still failing to see how you're ahead with this motor and a "turbo conversion"

there is still a plethora of things that need to be considered before the thing actually starts, let alone, drives, let alone, doesn't blow up!

Buying an STi frontcut is getting ahead. Scratch that. Buying a car with a turbo motor in it already is getting ahead!

But, by all means. Continue. Tristan's been a little quiet of late, and we're running short of LOLS!

Hey Alex. Could this not be the beginning of something bigger??
Everyone has to start somewhere, don't they?
Cheers
J

Thats the beauty about already having a running motor, you can take as long as you want/need to build it! :)