• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:16 AM

A parts supplier has offered me the following coilovers that he is bringing in from Japan, i dont know much about coilovers so looking for information from some of forum experts about which is better. I think my Bilsteins are getting a little tired so a full change might be on the cards.. Tein super street coilovers..... 700 euros HKS Hipermax LS + coilovers 850 euros He is can ship in Cusco Zero 2 coilovers for 850 euros and HSD coilovers for 890 euros but is checking on the compatability for the B4. Any feedback will be helpful.
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 buddylove

buddylove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:34 AM

A parts supplier has offered me the following coilovers that he is bringing in from Japan, i dont know much about coilovers so looking for information from some of forum experts about which is better. I think my Bilsteins are getting a little tired so a full change might be on the cards..

Tein super street coilovers..... 700 euros

HKS Hipermax LS + coilovers 850 euros

He is can ship in Cusco Zero 2 coilovers for 850 euros and HSD coilovers for 890 euros but is checking on the compatability for the B4.

Any feedback will be helpful.

700 Euros = 1 184.39839 Australian dollars for those tein super streets.... a good price. All depends on how many kms are on them, unless they are new? are they new? Im using super streets in the b4, very happy with them. certainly not the best coilover on the market, but teins certainly have a good respectable name. It is important to find out how many k's they have done. as they do require rebuilds after certain amounts of mileage as your more then likely already aware.

according to the tein usa site, super streets for an subaru's are $1600.00 rrp.

1600 U.S. dollars = 1 842.25676 Australian dollars

Im not sure about the conversion process for the euros to aus dollar if it might infate the price or anything. but if i didnt have coilovers and saw a set of super streets with low kms on them for that price. i would be very intersted in them.

I know jarrod 98B0XR was using cusco coilovers in his gen 2 monster, that thing handled like nothing else. very very nice coilovers. just beware of possums...

MY07 GT-B 6MT Sedan

#3 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

700 Euros = 1 184.39839 Australian dollars for those tein super streets.... a good price. All depends on how many kms are on them, unless they are new? are they new? Im using super streets in the b4, very happy with them. certainly not the best coilover on the market, but teins certainly have a good respectable name. It is important to find out how many k's they have done. as they do require rebuilds after certain amounts of mileage as your more then likely already aware.

according to the tein usa site, super streets for an subaru's are $1600.00 rrp.

1600 U.S. dollars = 1 842.25676 Australian dollars

Im not sure about the conversion process for the euros to aus dollar if it might infate the price or anything. but if i didnt have coilovers and saw a set of super streets with low kms on them for that price. i would be very intersted in them.

I know jarrod 98B0XR was using cusco coilovers in his gen 2 monster, that thing handled like nothing else. very very nice coilovers. just beware of possums...

Prices quoted are for new kits.

#4 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Jarrod has the Cusco Zero 2 coilovers, and I must say, the ride in them is truly sensational! Handle superbly and ride is good! My vote is with them, pending availability and fitment for the Gen3.

#5 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

Jarrod has the Cusco Zero 2 coilovers, and I must say, the ride in them is truly sensational! Handle superbly and ride is good!

My vote is with them, pending availability and fitment for the Gen3.

Thanks , thats 2 votes for the Cusco's
I have to go back out to the shop next week to pick up the boost controller i ordered and he reckons he will know by then about the Cusco's.

He was talking very highly of the HKS hypermax when i was there, dont know if its because he just had some in stock that would fit my car or because they are good. Like i said at the start of my post i dont know much about coilovers.

#6 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

Regardless of anything Eric, the biggest thing besides quality you should be looking at, is local support. Are there any suspension shops close by that will support you with after sales parts and rebuilds? No point buying nice coilovers, if you have to ship parts over from Japan/St. Elsewhere only to spend more than what the coilovers are worth!

#7 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Regardless of anything Eric, the biggest thing besides quality you should be looking at, is local support.

Are there any suspension shops close by that will support you with after sales parts and rebuilds?

No point buying nice coilovers, if you have to ship parts over from Japan/St. Elsewhere only to spend more than what the coilovers are worth!

I asked the seller, he will take car of any after sales thats needed, parts, rebuilds. He has a workshop on site. Before he started the parts shop he built drift cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users