• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 disturbed

disturbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:52 AM

hi all i jave a 1997 wrx and over night i have lost half my boost pressure ( from 12psi to 6 psi )i have checked all my hoses and hardweare have had some mech mates look at it and they all say its the computer . so what i need to know is if any one can help me to reset the computer or gaive me the name and number of a good shop in brisbane area thanks for taking time to read and i hope some one can help me daniel

#2 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

Welcome aboard mate :drinks: Hope this helps http://www.subyclub....page__hl__reset ecu__fromsearch__1

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:23 PM

Hey Daniel, Mate as above a simple ECU reset should help you. Take a look under your steering column for 4 connectors in total, 2 green (plug in together) and 2 black (plug and clip in together). They are quite small. With the car off and at operating temp. plug them in - turn car on and prime the fuel pump. At this point you should hear different relays and sensors going nuts and all being tested - radiator fans, etc.. If you do, they are plugged in correctly - start the car up. Take the car for a drive - it may be sluggish at this point and don't give it too much stick, just keep it going at a steady pace (40km/h or above is good) until you start seeing the 'check engine light' flashing. Read that link for more information on how to determine if it's giving you a code or not. Once that's done simply pull over, turn off car and unplug the connectors, start up and drive. Give it 5 mins of driving and it should be back to normal. Hope this summary of the procedure helps (I have to do it every other day on my car at the moment!). Dylan

#4 disturbed

disturbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

dylan mate i forking love u . u have just saved me over 200 bucks thanks to everone for ther help

#5 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:44 AM

So I assume you have 12psi again ? did you check for error codes before resetting it ? May have shown a cause (ie a sensor error causing it to go into a 'limp' mode ?)

Stuff goes here

#6 disturbed

disturbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

had no error codes but computer keeps going back to 6 psi so something keeps tripping it so yer still have to pay to have it checked

#7 disturbed

disturbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

hey Dylan when u find out what is wrong with yours can u please tell me i have full boost for a bit but when i test to find out how much i have i losse it again i watched my boost gauge going to ten then go down to 6 so yer any one help i think i have a temp or sensor prob please help

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:54 PM

hey Dylan when u find out what is wrong with yours can u please tell me i have full boost for a bit but when i test to find out how much i have i losse it again i watched my boost gauge going to ten then go down to 6 so yer any one help i think i have a temp or sensor prob please help

Hey Daniel, that is odd. Do you have the stock B.O.V. on your car at the moment or an aftermarket one?

Checked for vacuum leaks?

If you have the factory blow off valve, the one that recirculates it might be leaking. I removed mine and saw an increase in boost straight away.

When you see your boost level dropping is the car missing or anything? Does it feel like it is hesitating ?

Dylan

#9 disturbed

disturbed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

other than the loss of boost the car is normal the only thing i have noticed is that the car is back firing a bit i have a turbosmart bov that is only on the press side vac side is blocked off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users