4 replies to this topic

#1 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi All, Just picked up an MY02 B4 a few hours ago. Have been wanting one for years and it's great to finally have one. Today however was a hot day (34) and I did notice some pinging while on boost. I was quite surprised, even at light load on the primary turbo you can hear a tink or two. It got a lot better as the weather cooled down this evening. Seems that if I care about the car a tune is probably essential. Being in Adelaide I could always go to S&J and get an ECUTek Stage 2 for $1800.. but I've heard of a few people either flashing the MY03 tune, or using a tune by kosti. I've done a search here and OzLiberty for his posts and it seems that while he's promoted his tuning in lots of threads, he has taken down his tunes and no longer tuning other peoples cars. So I guess my question is, does anyone still have the tune that kosti was allowing others to use? I feel a little uncomfortable flashing my car's ECU with a tune found on the internet. Has anyone here done this with good results? And finally is the ecutek stage 2 tune worth the money on an otherwise stock b4? i'm not planning to mod it any time soon, and would rather focus on reliability than spending money on an exhaust, etc. Thanks!

#2 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

There are a few options. Buddza on here did something with chiptorque up here on the gold coast with good results. Have a search for his thread.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#3 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Here's the thread ^^^ mentioned: http://www.subyclub....__1 But yeah, a tune would have to be the best and most recommended mod you could do!

#4 natho

natho

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

that chiptorque ezy flash looks good - shame that chiptorque is too far away.... looks like my only option in adelaide is ecutek.

#5 Evil_VZ-T

Evil_VZ-T

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

well, before you start spending money on tune. Try and do a few tests to see that your engine is still fine.. As the pining would most likely been happening for the past 7 years when summer comes around. I know its pretty much impossible to identify bearing damage without pulling it all down..But just keep in mind, that these cars are known for engine failure.
MY02 Liberty B4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users