»

Mighty Mods season 2

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 30 Oct 2009

Love this show: Enjoy

Ericmcg's Photo Ericmcg 30 Oct 2009

Love this show:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=63Y97oLjiuA

Enjoy

Great vid Tom, let us know next time what car they bought at the auction, dont get that show in my part of the world

alexGT's Photo alexGT 30 Oct 2009

Great vid Tom, let us know next time what car they bought at the auction, dont get that show in my part of the world

its only on youtube... but should be on aussie tv!

Guest_aurelius_* 30 Oct 2009

Good ep! I wonder how much they bought the car for...

Delete This Account's Photo Delete This Account 30 Oct 2009

Did they buy the GTB or Foz???

alexGT's Photo alexGT 30 Oct 2009

i dont think they bought a subaru... i think its going to be one of the kei cars... or something small.

Alex's Photo Alex 30 Oct 2009

all incorrect lads. ;)

ams's Photo ams 30 Oct 2009

By far the best episode this season... Hanging out for Ep02.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 30 Oct 2009

Hi, Wow. Long winded. But I guess they have to set the scene. It reminds me a lot of those Import DVD's from years ago. Boring as pants. Cheers, Nik

Sheesh Nik You're missus was right when she said you were hard to please! I agree with alexwaaaah. i think it's a rip snorter of an episode. you must remember, they're aiming for television airtime, so they're making their eps a little bit longer. I personally enjoy them wholeheartedly.

Hi Awix, You know I am down for the cause. I like that they are getting out there and living what is essentially our dream. The most obvious thing they need to do to actually get airtime is not say that the best cars are made overseas - no matter how true this is, no Australian FTA station will give them a second glance with this view. Very dangerous road for a 7,9,10 to travel. You also know of the Hot Import DVD's and the like from 10 or so years back that I am referring to, where the whole Jap scene has been covered in exactly the same way. Maybe it's time to do it again? ? The only trouble here is if they bring home an RX7 or something, something not so attainable as what they've done in the past. No way they'd get a KEI car, who wants to see them modify something we will never be able to own ourselves? I'm reading way too much into a youtuber video series aren't I...? Cheers, Nik

Nik The trouble with the old DVD series from days gone by, is that they're too hardcore. I mean, they're too aggressive in their nature in terms of drifting and motorsports. Marty and Moogs are simply bringing the modified car scene to the common people. Not 500kw drift machines. Just simple car mods for street cars. I like it as its accessible like that. You don't have to spend huge coin, just to chase an idea portrayed on a DVD. And I'm not sure if I'm obliged to say what Moogs ended up buying, but it's not a kei car, and it wasn't an RX7 :) I agree about the AUDM sentiments. However, I find it interesting to see how one of the most efficient countries in the world do things. I like the whole kei car concept in terms of reduced rego and parking. Something we could definitely take on board in a busy city like Sydney...

Hi, On your recommendation I'll continue to watch. They want nothing from me, being a free show, so I have no right complaining about it. It's a cool concept, great to see some Aussies having fun abroad. I look forward to seeing what they bring home. I'm not going to get into the talk that Japanese efficiency is no more than a myth here either... :D Cheers, Nik

Ericmcg's Photo Ericmcg 30 Oct 2009

I enjoyed the show, they are keeping to a fairly simple format and there was not a sniff of the fast and furious about it, it looks like a show for the regular guy in the street, not someone who can "spend 15k under the bonnet and overnight parts from Japan if needed"

ams's Photo ams 31 Oct 2009

I liked it. Think ya'll took it too srs. Just enjoy the lol's.

skillionaire's Photo skillionaire 31 Oct 2009

Hi Alex, I've just nailed my fifth double, which is aptly called 'Seeing Double' - a nice brew from our friends in Adelaide. So forgive me for caring too much, but I'm drunk, and that's what drunk people do. We care. Cheers, Nik

I'm drunk too, and - i've had a good look around the entire house (put my shoes on and all) and I couldn't find one speck of care. I still laff'd at the moovie though.

Hi, See your drunk ass back in the GT thread then bruu. Cheers, Nik

Our General Thread is creeping up on PBT verrrryyyy quickly....

Hi, Comparison of a thread that involves a national base instead of a state bound following is not worth even mentioning. :D Cheers, Nik