←  Builds and Projects

Suby Club

»

Double the GT goodness.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 19 Oct 2013

Sooo, the missus said a few days ago she wants a more girly car, a WRX hatch was mentioned.

Found a very neat 2008 WRX hatch, leather, sunroof, dead stock, etc. Showed her and she loves it.

Can I get rid of the GT?

Adam's Photo Adam 19 Oct 2013

08 isn't the widebody one is it?

No, its the girly shape.  :sarcastic:

Adam's Photo Adam 19 Oct 2013

:negative:

I'd love to see what you do to a WRX personally  :P

It'd be for the missus so needs to be girly. ;)

Wheels and brakes swapped over from the GT. I really dont want to do anything to it if purchased, but I do have a problem with not modifying cars...........

allpaw4's Photo allpaw4 19 Oct 2013

Mark, This sounds like a plan. I want to see what happens. Now, I seem to recall the GT was returned to stock how many times? LOL

Morgan's Photo Morgan 19 Oct 2013

Don't bother with an 08.

2009+ or nothing

Hypnotic's Photo Hypnotic 19 Oct 2013

but I do have a problem with not
modifying cars...........

Can't say I have ever noticed :P

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 20 Oct 2013

I can see the WRX with pink calipers with charcoal wheels already.....:)

Liberty's Photo Liberty 20 Oct 2013

Can I get rid of the GT?

Is that even a question? :blink:

I reckon you have already found a buyer before even thinking about selling the GT.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 20 Oct 2013

That would be nice, but no prospective buyer that I know of.

I would buy before selling the GT as generally once you sell, your in a rush to find a replacement. Better to be able to take your time in choosing the right replacement. 

Im still modding the GT though, just fitted something 1/2 hour ago. :sarcastic:

Liberty's Photo Liberty 20 Oct 2013

It won't be hard to find someone after the amount of perfect quality, time and effort you put into it. But that is a very positive statement. Usually people do it the other way around as they cannot afford to have both cars at the same time. It definitely helps with patience in finding the perfect car, not just one because it looked the best out of the other two that week for example.

Ha ha, I like it.

wraithrslib's Photo wraithrslib 25 Oct 2013

That would be nice, but no prospective buyer that I know of.

I would buy before selling the GT as generally once you sell, your in a rush to find a replacement. Better to be able to take your time in choosing the right replacement. 

Im still modding the GT though, just fitted something 1/2 hour ago. :sarcastic:

So true mate.

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 01 Nov 2013

Engine bay....

Third set of JDM covers and fourth strut brace. :sarcastic:

It has been like this for a while though, just havent taken a pic. Strut brace is painted same Lambo green as calipers.

20131101_1550211_zps2cf92fa1.jpg

20131101_1554121_zps5b02db57.jpg

Liberty's Photo Liberty 01 Nov 2013

That is the definition of immaculate man. I absolutely LOVE it. I've never seen an engine bay so clean! JDM covers really finish the car off. And that strut brace, damn man. I love that colour green for some reason.

Out of curiosity, how do you clean it? Just wipe things down or do you use specific liquids/detergents?

Those stickers on the radiator and on the chassis, can they be bought from Subaru?

CRUISN's Photo CRUISN 01 Nov 2013

I generally just wipe it down with a chamois every time I wash the car. Sometimes I'll use the wheel brush to clean out some dust in the cracks of the covers and probably a few times a year I'll actually use something on the plastics to make them glossy.

Stickers I would guess so. Factory fitted.

Sweet as. Exactly what I do as well. Either way it does look spotless man. I've always wondered why there were never any engine bay pictures.

Morgan's Photo Morgan 01 Nov 2013

How come you've been through 3 covers?!

I bought one set when Mark was thinking of selling the Gen IV. :P

RX25SE's Photo RX25SE 02 Nov 2013

How come you've been through 3 covers?!

Because OCD.

Derrr...  :)