• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dobbo

Dobbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hey all, When the engine is sitting at idle, its sounds pretty rough and im no expert but im considering a compression test? Thoughts?

#2 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:17 PM

Sorry. Left the crystal ball at work. Can't answer your question.

#3 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hey all,

When the engine is sitting at idle, its sounds pretty rough and im no expert but im considering a compression test? Thoughts?

You may have thought the previous reply a bit rude, but you need not.
The question is frustrating in that you have given absolutely no specifics of your problem and are expecting a fix on the internet. Have you looked at leads, plugs, AFM,............etc. Try a few before a compression test.
This is a "how long is a piece of string" question.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#4 Scuba-Roo

Scuba-Roo

The local

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

Like above^^ your not really giving much information. I guess this could be a templete; type of engine? Last service and what was done? Any other weird symptoms prior to this? Does the engine only idle rough, or can youfeel a power loss when driving? How have you tried to fix it? Possible be running on 3 cylinders? so check your leads and plugs, I have also had a clogged fuel injector cause this. When I try to work out what cylinder isn't firing I disconnect the fuel injectors one at a time, it's then easy to pick which cylinder isn't working, as the roughness doesn't get any worse when you dissconnect each one, if the idle gets worst re connect the injector and move to next cylinder. If all the cylinders are working then check your AFM and 02 sensor.

Subyclub, The place where random internet weirdos become good mates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users