• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Look what I just got off ebay for a BARGIN PRICE!!! Pick them up on the weekend. http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MEWAX:IT Was watching over the week and there were 2 ppl going bid for bid $1-$2 at a time and I just used a snipe program 2 bid $150 with 5 secs 2 go and bam got it for $50.99

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

nice pick up mate! i need to find some gen 2 ones

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:37 AM

Thanks mate. U should read some of the questions and answers about them, some funny stuff. Btw wats goin on with the Movember prizes lol No rush

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

haha yeah i saw some of those q&a. i'm bloody lagging on the movember stuff too sorry. Dylan needs to give me the stickers so i can send them and i've just been flat out with getting my new place sorted so the prizes sort of got put off. I'll do them the first week back at work after the holidays for sure!! ps: i bought that sherpa off ebay. picking it up tomorrow :)

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:51 AM

ps: i bought that sherpa off ebay. picking it up tomorrow :)

2 Sherpas! You crazy man, What one is going to be your "main" or "better" Sherpa? lol

#6 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

i'm bloody lagging on the movember stuff too sorry. Dylan needs to give me the stickers so i can send them and i've just been flat out with getting my new place sorted so the prizes sort of got put off. I'll do them the first week back at work after the holidays for sure!!

Its all good due im in no rush for them.

ps: i bought that sherpa off ebay. picking it up tomorrow :)

How much did u end up getting it for? Did u get a good look at it or just went on impulse n bought it? I was tempted to get it but thought i dont need 2 friken cars

#7 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:58 AM

How much did u end up getting it for? Did u get a good look at it or just went on impulse n bought it? I was tempted to get it but thought i dont need 2 friken cars

For 1500 bucks it doesnt really matter what condition its in! lol Bargain

So, doing a twin engine sherpa?

#8 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:05 AM

Look what I just got off ebay for a BARGIN PRICE!!! Pick them up on the weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.com....e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Was watching over the week and there were 2 ppl going bid for bid $1-$2 at a time and I just used a snipe program 2 bid $150 with 5 secs 2 go and bam got it for $50.99

Nicely done! :D

Someone even offered the seller $100 at the start of the auction and he turned it down :lol:

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#9 hawks_123

hawks_123

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

I hope you wern't the one who offered $10 :dash2:
If it's broke use a cable tie.

#10 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Nicely done! :D

Someone even offered the seller $100 at the start of the auction and he turned it down :lol:

That was me :P Bahahaha :yahoo:

#11 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:49 AM

$1000. total impulse buy. i needed a new rear bar and got quoted $1700 to fix my existing one so i figure i cant lose in this situation. I'll fix the one i've already got and then keep the new one at work. slowly fix that up and either sell it or give it to mum??

For 1500 bucks it doesnt really matter what condition its in! lol Bargain

So, doing a twin engine sherpa?

Now that's an idea tom!! With two of them i actually now have the luxury of trying something ridiculous to one of them if i wanted to lol...lordy me what have i done

signature_1_35.jpg

#12 Guest_aurelius_*

Guest_aurelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

I forgot to bid :(

#13 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Ok i guys n girls. I just got back from picking up the bargin on the decade. Im not sure whether to install them with just double sided tape or try n find the brackets that help hold them onto the car. Im worried that the double sided tape wouldnt be strong enough. Ive managed to find a picture of them off IM. Do u think subaru would stock them?

#14 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

From what I've read on the forums (here and on OzLib), use a high quality double sided tape and ensure you prep the surface of the car well by cleaning it and warming it up with a hairdrier or similar. You shouldn't have any problems then. If you want to remove them from your car like when you sell it, that'll be a pain in the arse but its doable nevertheless. In regards to the clips - I would think Subaru would stock them for your car because Monsoons were sold new for gen3's. Whether they have any stock left is another story but again, being a gen3 it shouldn't be a problem because its a newer car unlike the ancient gen2 and 1's. Give them a call; hopefully they don't charge through their arses for those clips though... So are they in good condish? Any second hand set of Monsoon's have broken clips, so its no biggie.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#15 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

From what I've read on the forums (here and on OzLib), use a high quality double sided tape and ensure you prep the surface of the car well by cleaning it and warming it up with a hairdrier or similar. You shouldn't have any problems then.

If you want to remove them from your car like when you sell it, that'll be a pain in the arse but its doable nevertheless.

In regards to the clips - I would think Subaru would stock them for your car because Monsoons were sold new for gen3's. Whether they have any stock left is another story but again, being a gen3 it shouldn't be a problem because its a newer car unlike the ancient gen2 and 1's. Give them a call; hopefully they don't charge through their arses for those clips though...

Hopefully subaru is open 2mrw n ill call them so I can have a go at putting them on as I wont have time the rest of the week due 2 working! ARGGGH

So are they in good condish? Any second hand set of Monsoon's have broken clips, so its no biggie.

Seller said they were never used. But they look in pretty good nick no scratches.

The drivers side one has a slight crack on the underside of it though but hardly noticable... Probably caused from storage.

#16 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,755 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:10 PM

If it were me I go the double sided tape, also I think it would look cleaner than clips.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

#17 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

I'm rocking my monsoons without clips. No dramas. :) (ignore the clips.... use commercial grade double sided tape. not from an auto shop, but from a panel beater/paint supplies shop)

#18 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

I'm rocking my monsoons without clips.

No dramas.

:)

(ignore the clips.... use commercial grade double sided tape. not from an auto shop, but from a panel beater/paint supplies shop)

+1 don't bother with the clips if you get some good double sided tape it saves all the hassles of fitting those stupid clips.

MY07 GT spec B

#19 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 08:55 AM

They came with double side tape attached already... Im guessing this is from factory? Looks very similar to the heavy duty 3M double sided tape I have laying around... Do I go for broke n use the tape thats already on there or replace it with some fresh stuff?

#20 SAV84C

SAV84C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:58 PM

Looky looky!

I took some side pics but u could hardly see them with my dark tint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh heres another thing I scored on ebay a couple of weeks ago...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Respray didnt turn out to bad for a can job... Im thinking of cutting out the middle, leaving the badge respraying it all white and meshing it...

Ur opinions on this idea are all welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users