aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

Subaru finished 2009 with 36,506 sales, with Forester taking the honours of Australia’s best-selling Sports Utility Vehicle across all categories, according to official VFACTS figures released today.

In a market down 7.4 per cent for the year, Subaru’s Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive range dropped just 5.2 per cent - and Impreza achieved its best-ever annual sales, of 12,268.

Among the highlights, combined Forester and Outback sales again dominated the SUV compact segment, with a 20.7 per cent market share for the year.

Forester sold 13,753 in 2009 and Outback 3716, with the latter performing strongly in the last quarter following the introduction of award-winning new generation versions. December Outback sales of 493 were 154.1 per cent up on December 2008.

Impreza grew its share of the Small Car segment from 5.3 per cent in 2008 to 5.9 per cent in 2009, retailing 12,268.

Liberty sales of 5548 also reflected strong interest in the new generation car in the last three months – 719 December sales were up 89.2 per cent on December 2008.

Tribeca sales of 1221 in 2009 included 138 in December, up 45.3 per cent for the month.

Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “A year ago it wouldn’t be an understatement to say the outlook was bleak, but it’s pleasing to be in the situation we are in today.

“The strength of the retail network and our value-for-money proposition have been critical to this success, combined with our clear difference in the marketplace, represented by Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and our boxer engines.

“We are delighted by Forester’s ongoing popularity, dominating not only the SUV compact category, but every SUV category overall.

“Impreza has achieved a new annual sales record and there has been strong acceptance of our new Liberty and Outback models, including our first diesel, the Outback 2.0D.

“We finished the year with two Australia’s Best Cars awards and a Fairfax Drive Car of the Year title.

“We now look forward to building on our strong foundations in 2010, with some exciting new models and initiatives.”

About Subaru

Every Subaru sold in Australia features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a horizontally opposed boxer engine, standard Vehicle Dynamics Control electronic stability program, and a five-star rating for occupant safety from the independent Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). The result – driving confidence.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.subaru.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

They would have had a better year if they didn't release that abortion called the Liberty... that thing is horrid.

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

Haha Brendan, if only it had the styling and power of the euro eh :)

#4 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:57 PM

Sif' you wouldn't buy the 2010 accord euro over the liberty??? I've seen 10,000 new euros on the road compared to 3 Liberties!! Subaru must have hired the designer of the au falcon.. Only excuse for that monstrosity they call a car.. Forrester looks HOT though.. Like blondie with legs as long as last week type hot

#5 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:24 PM

Yeah I seen a Gen5 wagon the other week. By god they blow. They really do look horrid. Like a Nips been kicked in the balls and punched in the nose at the same time.
TSM

#6 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

Sif' you wouldn't buy the 2010 accord euro over the liberty???

Doesn't really matter which one you buy does it? They both look the same now anyway...

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

It's ok, sometimes when we herp, we also derp.

#7 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi, The new Forester is a stand out vehicle. I think the doubters have really been silenced. Cheers, Nik

#8 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

1 out of 3 isn't much to rave about :P. But I agree, in light of the Liberty and Impreza, the forrester is awesome...
TSM

#9 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Hi, No, but highest selling car in its class. Add the Outback and Subaru sell more cars in that class than any other manufacturer. Numbers don't lie! Cheers, Nik

#10 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

You mean this one Nik?
Posted Image

I would have gone to the kitchen, collected a brown bag, dropped my dacks, pinched off a loaf in said bag, done up dacks, stickytaped bag, placed bag in envelope, and mailed it right to your face for being such a tool.

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:38 PM

Couldn't care how much they sell. They look shit.
TSM

#12 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:09 PM

I'm with Soop on these. Still not a fan of any of the current Subarus. They simply do not inspire.

#13 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:16 PM

Oh they inspire... Like a Kia Rio...
TSM

#14 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:25 PM

Hi, How many they sell you mean? Almost as inspiring as a Commodore. The success of the newer models will secure the future of hardcore models we've seen in the past. I'm all for it. Cheers, Nik

#15 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

When will Subaru just admit they farked up? Remember the 1st gen Tribeca?? WTF!

#16 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

Maybe Bad acid did the rounds in Japland?
TSM

#17 Xon

Xon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

When will Subaru just admit they farked up?

Remember the 1st gen Tribeca?? WTF!

The tribeca, like the 5th gen, was styled by Subaru of America.

Funny trend eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users