32 replies to this topic

#1 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 07:51 PM

Is anyone having problems logging onto RSLiberty?
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#2 N/A_EJ22

N/A_EJ22

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:Music, Sport, Beer, Wimin

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

yeah. i cant even get the site to load. i get some load error or something. anyone know whats up? maintenance

Previous: 97 Gen 2 Liberty wagon, 89 NA MX5, 88 Toyota Cresta. Current: 04 turbo MX5, 02 Foz GT.

#3 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

Same, has been like it for a day or two. I Messaged Bosc0 and got no reply (Not that i expected one.), My guess is that they're either changing servers or something within the forum software has eaten sh!t and died.
TSM

#4 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:37 PM

The DNS servers hosting it arent returning any results for anything. Either they haven't paid their hosting bill - or their hosting company's name servers shat themselves.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#5 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:44 PM

I'd say its their server. Its been shocking for a long time, and they've been on the look out for a new one.
TSM

#6 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:58 PM

odeo, that box wasn't responding to jack earlier on today. Atleast after a while it started giving apache errors

Stuff goes here

#7 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

oooh, perdy! Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at a.root-servers.net [198.41.0.4]: Got referral to C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 36 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. [199.19.53.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 75 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 701 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [202.12.27.33]: Got referral to C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 193 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. [199.19.53.1]: Got referral to ns3.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 74 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns3.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.202.8]: Got referral to A0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 374 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at A0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. [199.19.56.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 74 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 208 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [199.7.83.42]: Got referral to tld2.ultradns.net. (zone: org.) [took 34 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at tld2.ultradns.net. [204.74.113.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 9 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 235 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at E.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [192.203.230.10]: Got referral to D0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.org. (zone: org.) [took 53 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at D0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.org. [199.19.57.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 42 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 206 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at D.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [128.8.10.90]: Got referral to C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 36 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. [199.19.53.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 74 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 207 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at H.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. [128.63.2.53]: Got referral to a0.org.afilias-nst.info. (zone: org.) [took 45 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at a0.org.afilias-nst.info. [199.19.56.1]: Got referral to ns3.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 73 ms] Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns3.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.202.8]: Got referral to A0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 186 ms]

Stuff goes here

#8 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:35 PM

Were you pinging IP's and ending up with that shit?
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#9 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

No, its from DNS stuff (http://dnsstuff.com). Handy site for diagnosing odd domain issues. Unfortunately its a pay site these day :/ (yes, I know I could do it with local PC based applications, but im lazy)Thankfully work has an account :D

essentially (and im no DNS guru) serversaustralia.com.au appears to be the host or atleast hosting DNS for the domain rslibertyclub.org. It does not appear to be acting as the authoritive server as it should be. So your PC ask your DNS server for the IP of rslc (which it prolly does not know about) and it goes and does what I posted above untill it hits the autoritive server, which repsonds to the query (generally an 'a' record if you dealing with the www) which your PC then connects to and sends something like get http/1.1 www.rslibertyclub.org/index.htm

so, the service I used didn't know about rslc and asked the root server
Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at a.root-servers.net [198.41.0.4]: Got referral to C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. (zone: org.) [took 36 ms]
which said the zones (think of it like a list of domains.. kinda) for .org are at
Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at C0.ORG.AFILIAS-NST.INFO. [199.19.53.1]: Got referral to ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. (zone: rslibertyclub.org.) [took 75 ms]
which said the zone for rslc is at
Searching for rslibertyclub.org ALL record at ns4.serversaustralia.com.au. [119.63.204.9]: Got referral to M.ROOT-SERVERS.NET. (zone: (root)) [took 701 ms]
which kinda shruged its sholders and said "what the hell are you talking about", then the process looped from there :)

Stuff goes here

#10 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

Your such a nerd Richo...

#11 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:50 AM

Care to tell me WTF that all means?
TSM

#12 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:56 AM

the internets am broke for rslc

Stuff goes here

#13 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

So it's not an actual issue with the forum itself? I.e, not maintenance.
TSM

#14 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

Hi,

Care to tell me WTF that all means?

Answer.

The DNS servers hosting it arent returning any results for anything.

Either they haven't paid their hosting bill - or their hosting company's name servers shat themselves.

kthx

#15 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:55 AM

could be maintenance on the server hosting the forum or just the DNS itself. Although with the apache errors some had before make me think its one and the same (that or I managed to hit a cached record) machine which has/had died in the bum

Stuff goes here

#16 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:58 AM

I just found it rather strange that when i try to get to the forum, it tells me the web address doesn't exist at all.
TSM

#17 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:01 AM

Yes - that's what happens when DNS stops working.

#18 Soop

Soop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:02 AM

Fair enough. As you will have guessed. IT BS > Soop.
TSM

#19 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:05 AM

you may have a cached record on your PC allowing your PC to connect to the IP of the hosting server. From there it could be one of a few things 1) Server based error/account issues for the hosting of rslc 2) Someone didn't pay the bill 3) " " and the domain is in the middle of being removed from the internet (although whois data didn't seem to show that when I had a look) 4) Server based issues such as a large storage issue and poor backup routines The list kinda goes on from there

Stuff goes here

#20 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:06 AM

Is all good. I worked with domains/dns/web hosting for 2 years. I reckon they havent paid their hosting bill and have been turned off ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users