Some issues with the lib

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JB_Sube09_*

Guest_JB_Sube09_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, today i was driving when my CEL came on, so i did the usual pullover and checked the oil, coolant etc and found that my a/c belt has snapped. Got the 4wd and towed my car back to the house. Just wondering if i can drive the car to the nearest town or not. I've had a look and seems as though it is just the a/c compressor that is run on it. The car is a 94 (Gen 2) Lib fwd EJ22. Also as soon as that happened the speedo has stopped working, are they related or is it possible the belt has knocked something? Any help would be great. Cheers Jesse

#2 Alex

Alex

NO AIDS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:19 PM

ac belt is not related to anything. you can drive around without it. here's an idea. a bit crazy. it's a bit out there. stay with me on this one. you ready? why not try reading the error code, so you know exactly what's wrong with your car? (speedo cable snap will cause CEL btw. But I'm not responsible for diagnosis for your car.)

#3 Guest_JB_Sube09_*

Guest_JB_Sube09_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ok thanks, reason I didnt read the codes is I havent done it before and wasnt sure how. I was at my sisters place in the middle of nowhere had no internet to check, didnt have my service manual either so was kinda stuck. Now I'm back in melb so have access to internet but not the car. Thanks for your help though. Cheers Jesse

#4 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:40 PM

hey be careful there is nothing else that has caused this to snap.. last time i was in a lib that snapped a belt.. well it wasnt good.. long story short.. snow, wet, walking lots, very cold and sore, ended with car being towed as the crank pulley snapped off soon after the belt come off, and that was just the beginning lol, just make sure everything is in good condition! but yes its fine to drive without the ac belt, its the Pwr steering and Alternator belt you won't get far without.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users