aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

Prodrive, the British king of turning Subaru Imprezas into rally-winning weapons, today unveiled specifications surrounding its new Impreza N2010 FIA Group N rally car.

“The engine and suspension changes make the N2010 far more competitive,” said Graham Prew, Prodrive sales manager. “On gravel the Impreza is certainly a match for any Super 2000, but it is on tarmac that the additional engine performance will really come into its own and make the N2010 a competitive alternative to a Super 2000, but at about half the price and with significantly lower running costs.”

Prodrive says that the N2010 is meant to walk a fine line between the Group N and unrestricted Super 2000 classes and is fully FIA-compliant. Using the new 33-mm restrictor -- 1 mm larger than previous years -- Prodrive has worked over their engine to pull out an extra 20 hp over the previous model despite the fact that very little engine modifications are legal under FIA guidelines. Higher-flowing fuel injectors and some massaging of the engine computer also netted improved torque and responsiveness across the rev range.

To match the newfound power, Prodrive has also gone to work on the N2010’s suspension. The new car features Ohlins dampeners with extra travel front and rear and the suspension bushings have been beefed up all the way around.

If a privateer rally team is in your future, you’d do well to put Prodrive on your short list of car builders. In fact, the company is offering a new two-year lease program with an option to buy at the end and it even includes insurance and system rebuilds. It doesn’t come cheap, though. The Impreza N2010 will start at 120,000 British Pounds, or roughly $196,400 at current exchange rates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This info and more can be found at: http://www.automobilemag.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Chadza

Chadza

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Who's up for a cordless drill floor mount group buy!? I could do with one in my car.
MY02 Blue Pearl B4 Manual - 185KW atw
Ecutek Stage 2, 3" DBE, Walbro FP, Hyperflow CAI
14.2 @ 158kph

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hahaha pretty good idea aye!

#4 ams

ams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,212 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

All that goodness and it still has that SI-drive junk.

Ugh i could ramble on for forking days about this stuff.

#5 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

For the right price I would buy one :-) Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

0 user(s) are reading this topic