• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

In my RX Liberty MY00 the Temp gauge is sticking. My wife complained that some times the car got up to temp and other times it stayed very cold. Mech said 'all good as long as it doesn't run hot'..thanks for that! Had the car sitting for about 3 weeks and started using it again on the weekend and the temp gauge didn't move from cold until I started tapping the perspex cover and it starts to move up. Neighbour said he can fix the gauge but...how do you get it out/remove the cluster? I am sure that there is a guide on here somewhere but I cant find it. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance, Skids.

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

try these links mate. It's a good idea to have a copy of these manuals for reference. If you actually look around the cluster it's easy enough to figure out how to remove it without the manual anyway. http://www.filestube... service manual http://pdftown.com/S...k-Category.html

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:I like cheese burgers !

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:14 AM

I got DEFI that would solve the problem :)

Posted Image

For all Your Performance Work and Needs.

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#4 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:30 AM

I got DEFI that would solve the problem :)

DEFI?
Deisel Engineer Fixed It?
Destroyed Everything Fixing it?
"Please Explain"
Thanks,
Skids.

#5 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

DEFI?
Deisel Engineer Fixed It?
Destroyed Everything Fixing it?
"Please Explain"
Thanks,
Skids.

He's selling "Defi" Gauges,

Meant to be the most acurate you can buy

#6 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

He's selling "Defi" Gauges,

Meant to be the most acurate you can buy

Is there a NOOB hat I can buy instead.
Just surfin' the site, talk about passionate Subarubians.
The suby has put me onto Jap cars, 12 months be looking at either another Suby or Honda I think.
Aussie cars are really quite crap in comparison, I know. I drive a VZ every day, my wife has scored the Suby...for now.

Skids.

#7 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

or Honda I think.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ask Brendan (XXB4XX) he bought a honda, But misses his Suby.

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:01 AM

John-E , you're pretty keen on trying to push those gauges on people huh! Skids - I can only speak from experience in taking out my instrument cluster in the gen2, not in your model. Around the cluster in mine there is a plasic cover, which has 4 screws in it for memory, perhaps 6. In anycase, take a look at your cluster and the plastic shroud that surrounds it and meets up with the dash and you should be able to find screws that hold it in. Undo those. In mine, once those are undone I can slide that shroud out (unplugging the fog lights switch, and the rear demister switch as I go) and then can start undoing the screws to remove the cluster. Can be a little bit fiddly to get it past the steering wheel, but the right angle she'll be right. Plugs on the back of the cluster only fit in their correct places, so no chance of messing that up - you've just got to make sure you can plug them in and get it back in there. All in all, easy job to do but very fiddly at the best of times. Hopefully Gen3 isn't too different to a gen2. Dylan

#9 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hopefully Gen3 isn't too different to a gen2.

Nope, It's pretty much the same, But i think the Gen 3 has one extra screw holding in the cluster, That's it.

#10 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:05 AM

Nope, It's pretty much the same, But i think the Gen 3 has one extra screw holding in the cluster, That's it.

Bingo!

I forget sometimes tommy my boy, that you had the best of both worlds then went to the worst of everything (gen2 -> gen3) :)

Thanks for confirming !

#11 Delete This Account

Delete This Account

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,635 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:07 AM

I forget sometimes tommy my boy, that you had the best of both worlds then went to the worst of everything (gen2 -> gen3) :)

Yeah it's pretty handy knowing the differences and what not haha
Also my Dad has a Gen 4 so i know some stuff about that too ;)

#12 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

try these links mate. It's a good idea to have a copy of these manuals for reference.

If you actually look around the cluster it's easy enough to figure out how to remove it without the manual anyway.

http://www.filestube... service manual

http://pdftown.com/S...k-Category.html

John-E , you're pretty keen on trying to push those gauges on people huh!

Skids - I can only speak from experience in taking out my instrument cluster in the gen2, not in your model. Around the cluster in mine there is a plasic cover, which has 4 screws in it for memory, perhaps 6. In anycase, take a look at your cluster and the plastic shroud that surrounds it and meets up with the dash and you should be able to find screws that hold it in.

Undo those.

In mine, once those are undone I can slide that shroud out (unplugging the fog lights switch, and the rear demister switch as I go) and then can start undoing the screws to remove the cluster.

Can be a little bit fiddly to get it past the steering wheel, but the right angle she'll be right.

Plugs on the back of the cluster only fit in their correct places, so no chance of messing that up - you've just got to make sure you can plug them in and get it back in there.

All in all, easy job to do but very fiddly at the best of times.

Hopefully Gen3 isn't too different to a gen2.

Dylan

Thanks Dylan & aekOne,
Between jobs for this week so been doing a bit of surfing and found this torrent.
It's for a left hand drive thou.

Legacy/Liberty Manual

The link is for I think 1995 through to 2000.
Quick sort through and found these.
Didn't really want to pay to download something.
Cheers,
Skids.

Attached Files

#13 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

there was/is a thread on here already mate with most of the manuals. I'm fairly sure I have the manual floating around still for the gen3 and can give you a copy http://www.subyclub....ge__hl__manuals

Stuff goes here

#14 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

there was/is a thread on here already mate with most of the manuals. I'm fairly sure I have the manual floating around still for the gen3 and can give you a copy

http://www.subyclub....ge__hl__manuals

Thanks Richo much appreciated.
I have the this manual but it is in 1001 pdf pages.
Regards,
skids aka Phil.

#15 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

Well, as a referecne for searching........ page 3824 is the dash/instrument cluster stuff. 3831 is the temp guage, but its verbatim of what you already have.

Stuff goes here

#16 Skid Marks

Skid Marks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

Yes it is the same but in a logical order. Thanks again, Skids.

#17 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

Just to hammer you all, I can put my HVAC unit (stereo LCD screen) into diag mode, and it shows water temp!!! And vent temps for air coming out when the ac is on, and a solar sensor Reading for the amount of sun outside etc.. Go HONDA! lol, These people know too much about me and are spying I tells ya! After driving and bagging out the Honda, I honestly prob wouldn't go back to suby cause the new models are so ugly.. If you are in syd, google ODEO REPAIRS in lidcombe.. He fixes clusters for a living..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users