• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MISSRX

MISSRX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hi there guys and gals. Just trying to nut out a problem with my Lib ATM. My head unit keeps coming up with 2 error codes-Error 3 and Error 6. Im not too sure what they mean. Can anyone help me out with this one cos driving with no tunes is really annoying. My head deck is one of those factory double sized ones with the tape deck and cd player

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:55 AM

What type is the head unit? It's not a Mcintosh in the RX's is it? If you've got a manual for the head unit it might say, otherwise the brand might help as we might be able to track down information through the manufactorers website ! Dylan

#3 MISSRX

MISSRX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:31 AM

Im not too sure what brand it is Dylan, it doesnt seem to say on the front, and my car didnt come with the log books and stuff, so I dont have a manual for it.

#4 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:13 AM

Sounds like it's the oem clarion unit. I've never heard of any error codes coming up on these. I'll have a search through the workshop manual to see if there's anything in there.

#5 Richo

Richo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,765 posts
  • Interests:Not the internet

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

Does the error happen at random or only when you play a CD/tape

Stuff goes here

#6 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

I sometimes get error 3,6 in my B4, it's the CD. Try cleaning the cd or turn the H/U off then on again with the cd out

#7 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

Mosti has it right, ERR 3 and ERR 6 are both universal errors on most cd players out there, even the nugget OEM Panasonikkk deck in the euro spits out those errors at time... Both errors are related and refer to the deck not being able to read the CD properly, most of the time it's dust, or just a bad copied CD (cheap CD used and fast speeds).. the other problem could be that the laser is getting lazy... Try cleaning the CD when it gives you the errors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users