aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

Subaru sales of 3260 vehicles in January were up 7.8 per cent on the same month last year, according to official VFACTS figures.

New generation Liberty and Outback are proving a huge success for the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive brand – Liberty sales of 654 were up 37.1 per cent on January 2009, making it the best-selling imported medium car for the month.

Outback sold 435, up a massive 76.8 per cent, while Forester sales of 1205 maintained its best-selling SUV Compact status.

Impreza sales of 873 and Tribeca, 93, rounded out the Subaru result.

Subaru’s January market share was 4.4 per cent.

Among the standout regional results, Subaru achieved a 9.1 per cent market share in Tasmania and 6.6 per cent in the ACT.

About Subaru

Every Subaru sold in Australia features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a horizontally opposed boxer engine, standard Vehicle Dynamics Control electronic stability program, and a five-star rating for occupant safety from the independent Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). The result – driving confidence.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.subaru.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:27 PM

As much as I want to believe it.. I still don't. This new Gen is absolutely disgraceful.. even the Impreza is horrid (Sedan only, the hatch looks kewl). Gotta love the fozzi though.. The new models look awesome! (they must've borrowed a designer from another company)

#3 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Posted Image

Subaru sales of 3260 vehicles in January were up 7.8 per cent on the same month last year, according to official VFACTS figures.

New generation Liberty and Outback are proving a huge success for the Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive brand – Liberty sales of 654 were up 37.1 per cent on January 2009, making it the best-selling imported medium car for the month.

Outback sold 435, up a massive 76.8 per cent, while Forester sales of 1205 maintained its best-selling SUV Compact status.

Impreza sales of 873 and Tribeca, 93, rounded out the Subaru result.

Subaru’s January market share was 4.4 per cent.

Among the standout regional results, Subaru achieved a 9.1 per cent market share in Tasmania and 6.6 per cent in the ACT.

About Subaru

Every Subaru sold in Australia features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and a horizontally opposed boxer engine, standard Vehicle Dynamics Control electronic stability program, and a five-star rating for occupant safety from the independent Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP). The result – driving confidence.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.subaru.com.au

And there it is. All the best spin a marketing department can muster.
Car sales for the 1st quarter of 2009 were terrible, and the GFC was really hitting its straps.
Car sales were getting killed so an improvement at a year on year basis is just shit.
So Brendan, you are probably spot on.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#4 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:55 AM

And there it is. All the best spin a marketing department can muster.
Car sales for the 1st quarter of 2009 were terrible, and the GFC was really hitting its straps.
Car sales were getting killed so an improvement at a year on year basis is just shit.
So Brendan, you are probably spot on.

Thanks Franky!!

I thought I was going crazy, surely it can't be just me realising that there is none of these on the road compared the the gen4 over the same period!

#5 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

Nope, you're not alone Brendan. I hardly see any gen5s' kicking around Melbourne. I seriously reckon I've seen 5 of them over the last 6 months. 2 Lib wagons, 2 Outbacks and a Sedan They are all wrong. The more I see them, the more I think WTF??? I'm very glad that I got the final series of the Gen4s' instead of a gen5.

#6 CodeBurn3r

CodeBurn3r

Resident Mexican

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:52 AM

Nope, you're not alone Brendan. I hardly see any gen5s' kicking around Melbourne. I seriously reckon I've seen 5 of them over the last 6 months.

probably cause you mistake them for nissan Maximas!

every one i have seen i have only noticed it was a lib cause i saw the grill badge. i just never notice them, they dont stand out at all.
ams: "Can't live with them, can't throw rocks at them."

#7 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

making it the best-selling imported medium car for the month.

If you look at that class (imported medium size cars) it's competition is Mazda6, Accord, Prius etc.... Not really suprising that it outsold those.

#8 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

I'd take a Mazda 6 over the new lib without hesitation

#9 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, but you took an Accord over the Gen4 :P

#10 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, but you took an Accord over the Gen4 :P

only cause the wounds were still too fresh for another suby, the trust factor wasn't there :)

#11 WillC

WillC

Scrappy Coco the 2nd! Disc0 Disc0

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Interests:Suby, HOONda, Chasing magical unicorns, turbos. Fruit loops
    Most things with a pulse. Most things that tick and have electric.

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:22 PM

only cause the wounds were still too fresh for another suby, the trust factor wasn't there :)

Get it fixed and built right and it won't be a problem. XD AND the BEAST IS GONNA Get built right. Refer to sig :P~~

Toy's Garry

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#12 jOhn-e

jOhn-e

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Interests:I like cheese burgers !

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

When is the NEW B4 out?

Posted Image

For all Your Performance Work and Needs.

Address : 8/88 Seville Street
Fairfield East NSW 2161
PH : (02) 9755 9882

#13 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:22 PM

Nah Will, you don't understand, that car was almost hassle free for 3 years until the box went, that's all it took to kill the trust levels with me.

#14 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:04 AM

I'd take a Mazda 6 over the new lib without hesitation

They're nice cars mate. I'd take a new accord euro if they were available in a wagon.

#15 XXB4XX

XXB4XX

Gn IV GT / No longer B4

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:51 AM

The euro wagons look awesome, once again Australia gets left behind when it comes to car imports.. The one that cut deepest was us not getting the gen3 s401

#16 SUBARU

SUBARU

Massive Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

The euro wagons look awesome, once again Australia gets left behind when it comes to car imports..

The one that cut deepest was us not getting the gen3 s401

We do get left behind and it frustrates me. Especially when it comes to mid level medium sized wagons! Why Mazda doesn't supply more varients than just the 6 classic and why Honda doesn't bother at all is mind boggling. Not everyone can afford the premiums attached to the mid size Audi and Volkswagen wagon range.... Obviously Subaru have got it right when it comes to mid sized variety, it's obvious, however that there is a demand for mid sized wagons, but I'm sure consumers would relish in having more options thanare currently available in the marketplace.

Manufacturers need to pull their fingers out of their arsed, stop worrying about forking hybrids and weird designs and give the consumers what they want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users