3 replies to this topic

#1 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Guys and Girls, whilst I do not want to bring politically motivated discussion to this forum, things which are car related and affect us all should be posted and discussed openly in my opinion. We are a forum of nearly 400 members now, we DO have the ability to make a difference in situations like this one, read below and please take the action you feel comfortable with. And please tell your friends and colleagues, this stuff is important, and the stupid thing is that there are plenty of 6 and 8 cylinder cars that use less fuel than a lot of 4 cylinder cars, take my H6 for example, 9.8L/100, amazing ! Remember, the more members we have the more information and knowledge we can share, and the more we CAN make a difference. Regards Paul From Andrew Stoner MP With your help, we have continued to maintain pressure on the NSW Labor Government to walk away from their ill-conceived changes to vehicle suspension regulations (VSI-50). However, State Labor have continued their attack on motorists - this time introducing a monstrous new $500m tax on vehicle registrations in NSW. http://www.andrewsto...en-benefit.html The new tax will pay for Kristina Keneally's Sydney Transport Election Scam. What makes it worse is that the big new tax depends on the size of your car. This means people driving medium to large cars will be taxed the maximum amount. It is especially unfair on people in regional areas. Firstly, they are paying a new tax for Sydney transport infrastructure, which they wont have regular access to and secondly, country people drive long distances on bad roads and need bigger cars. In addition, Labor's dubious record on infrastructure delivery means the projects motorists are paying for will probably never be delivered. This big new tax is a bad idea and the NSW Liberals & Nationals have already taken up the fight by launching our website Axe The Car Tax http://www.axethecartax.com.au/ Please join with us in calling for the NSW Labor Government to walk away from their cash grab from motorists by visiting our website Axe The Car Tax! http://www.axethecartax.com.au/ Link to new registration charges as of 1st July 2010 in lucky NSW, hybrids are exempt, lucky considering they contribute more to damaging the environment during manufacture than most cars do in a lifetime. http://www.more.nsw....e-weight-charge Andrew Stoner MP
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#2 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

Could someone please explain how this system works? Link? Is it based purely on size of car, or size of displacement? Whatever it is, I think its stupid. A cars a car! What bloody difference does the size mean?! A big lazy Falcon can get amazingly good fuel economy on the higway compared to a small econo-box that has to labour its engine to keep up to speed...

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#3 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

Ask and you shall receive Shiv :) Check original post at the bottom for a link to the new charges. Regards Paul
GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#4 B4TT

B4TT

Soviet Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39,547 posts
  • Interests:Rodina-Mat

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

I have signed :D I hope everyone else will