#1 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Attached File  4267540.jpg   54.37KB   0 downloads Following the first teaser back in February, Subaru and Cosworth have released this second batch of teaser photos and further details for their "one-off project" special edition Cosworth Impreza STI CS400. This comes about the same time as Subaru launched this teaser image of a New York-bound 2011 MY Impreza STI. The pocket-sized CS400 starts selling in June. A limited run of only 75 units are being prepared. Official figures confirm maximum power at 294kW (395bhp / 400PS) made at 5,750rpm, quite a far cry from the standard 221kW (296bhp / 300PS). The sprint time is even more impressive at 3.7 seconds for the 0 - 62mph (100 km/h) dash. Top speed was not mentioned. Stopping power is provided by a bespoke brake package consisting of six-pot calipers and 355mm discs at the front. They were developed in collaboration with AP Racing, a company that supplies brake and clutch components to some Formula One teams and others. A number of other technical changes, including suspension and exhaust upgrades were made. The exterior and interior also experienced modifications. Further details will be available closer to the date of sale. For now enjoy these teaser images. Press Release COSWORTH IMPREZA WILL HAVE SUPERCAR-HUMBLING PACE The result of one of the most eagerly anticipated automotive collaborations in recent times is heading fast towards Subaru dealerships. The Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 officially goes on sale in June, and is set to offer performance-car fans the thrill of a lifetime. Subaru has confirmed the car will boast an impressive 400PS (395bhp) at 5,750rpm, sufficient to dispatch the 0-62mph sprint in just 3.7 seconds (compared to 300PS / 296bhp at 6,000rpm,and 5.2 seconds for the standard Impreza WRX STI). This ensures the Cosworth-tuned car will be one of the most accelerative all-wheel-drive hatchbacks ever. Subaru also reports that the Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 will feature a bespoke brake package - with six-pot callipers and 355mm discs at the front - developed in partnership with AP Racing, giving the car prodigious stopping power. Coventry-based AP Racing is a leading supplier of brake and clutch components to teams in the Formula One Championship and the World Rally Championship, as well as to leading supercar brands including Bugatti. A wide range of further upgrades have been made to the suspension, exhaust and to the donor Impreza's exterior and interior styling. An exclusive, limited edition run of 75 Cosworth Impreza STI CS400s will be produced, and full details of pricing and technical specification will be announced closer to the on-sale date. This info and more can be found at: http://www.worldcarfans.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:22 PM

Far out.. I want one !

#3 buzzda

buzzda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

mmmmmmmmmm, awesomeness *drools*

starts selling in June. A limited run of only 75 units.

They're gonna be gone before they start selling!

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:28 PM

Wants. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......COSWORTH.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users