New forum layout.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Alex_*

Guest_Alex_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

Sorry to say this folks, but I must be honest. I'm not a fan of the new layout of the forums. I think they're far too complex. I think it will confuse people a lot as to where they should be posting. What's with the model specific forums, and having sub categories under these? Too much going on IMHO. Just go back to the way things were, it was more simple! And by simple I mean good. Even for a computer illiterate neanderthal like me.

#2 L1BER8ED

L1BER8ED

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:55 AM

i actually thought this was one of the better ones... how do you mean to make it simpler??? less options to click on?? less sub headings, and folders? i like it this way, cause unless your just post whoring, you come on here with a purpose, to find out some info, seek advice, and i think the way this is laid out, you can go straight to where you want to... each to thier own i guess.. and i guess thats why the mods are given thier almighty powers, to sort and sift the shyte and move it if required into the right folders...
he who laughs last .. thinks slowest....

TEAM BLUE OVAL

Posted Image[Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

Alex, it is impossible to please absolutely everybody. Unfortunately you are one of the ones that is not easily pleased (I know this from experience, hunny ;)). A decision was made to re-design the board layout, to allow the site to expand and to cater for not only those who have signed up from other Liberty forums, but new members that come from different models of Subaru's also. The current design will allow information to stay reasonably sorted, and allow people to find information easily. Having said that, it does present you with a slightly more daunting task of deciding where to post before you do it however I believe that everyone here is competent enough to work out where things need to go. Dylan

#4 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

So if I'm after info on the brakes of my justy, do I look under brakes, or other models?? If I need info on the piping on my new forester, do I look under turbo or forester? Same for my twin-turbo converted to single turbo, which sub-forum should I use? Alex is right, there are too many sub-forums.. It will only serve to highlight the lack of info there..
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#5 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:02 AM

dylan....i thought you were going to put the tech stuff within the model specific topics... it does look a little confusing as to where you could have your topic

#6 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:10 AM

So if I'm after info on the brakes of my justy, do I look under brakes, or other models??

If I need info on the piping on my new forester, do I look under turbo or forester? Same for my twin-turbo converted to single turbo, which sub-forum should I use?

Alex is right, there are too many sub-forums.. It will only serve to highlight the lack of info there..

First point, no idea what you're talking about.

2nd, if the piping is specific to a model which in this case is a Forester then I suggest you post it up in the model specific area.

If you have converted from twins to single, you post in the Liberty area.

If it highlights the lack of info then I suggest you stop dribbling and post some useful information to where it is needed most.

dylan....i thought you were going to put the tech stuff within the model specific topics...
it does look a little confusing as to where you could have your topic

Hence why the tech area is 'Tech: The basics'. This is there for a rundown of basics on all topics included in here, documents, history, common issues etc..

Do I need to write a bloody guide to show you clowns how to use a forum!?

#7 boost

boost

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:cars with boost, cars that need no boost, etc..

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Sheesh.. yes, we are all new to forums. I like ozliberty better. hai (hot air intake) alex! dyl, we all said the same thing.. lose the subforums in the model specific areas. only 2c worth.. that is all.
AWD + BOOST = SEXY TIME

#8 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

I like ozliberty better.

Stav, you asked to be deleted and have all your posts removed yet you are still on here.

I chose not to do as you asked, in the hope that it would benefit this site in the long run but you're not really doing a good job at proving me right.

No one is forcing you to be here, to read or to post.

If you don't like it shut up and ship out.

#9 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

It's a bit daunting at first I'll agree. But if you use the Tech section for general information regarding certain setups of an EJ20 or discussing the best method of reducing under steer. And use the model specific forums for specific issues relating to you car then it should all flow pretty well.
TSM

#10 fatcat67

fatcat67

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts
  • Interests:I'm too old to remember.

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

I really like it. Good work Dylan. Seems really simple to me.
As Tony Montana would say:
In this country, you gotta make the money first.
Then when you get the money, you get the power.
Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

#11 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:54 PM

Its a bit intimidating at first but once you take a step back and just read through the forum and sub-forum structure - it makes perfect sense :) Good work Dylan and co. Lovin this forum B)

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#12 bLoNde MaFia

bLoNde MaFia

sLeEp Is fOr ThE wEaK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hey I really like the set out of the forum - I have no idea what u's r on about either. I find it easier 2 navigate around then Ozlib. Well done Dylan + the boys *thumbs up and pat on the back* PS: Nice forum header too.
Posted Image

#13 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

i like it as well and im sure there will be more mods as we get bigger so it be easier to manage and yes i like the wrx the fozz and lib and tribeca sections...

#14 Mav

Mav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

dunno if any1 else noticed the new theme too?
current - 2006, Gen 4 - 3.0r - spec b, mods - Cusco Strut Brace, Cusco 23mm Rear Swaybar, Cusco BCS, JDM spec b Grille, 6000k HID Xenons, UltraWhite LED Parkers
former - 2000, Gen 3 - 2.5l RX Liberty, mods - Powerchip Gold 98, Borla extractors, Cat-back sports exhaust, Bilstein Suspension w/ Kings low's, Whiteline X\Heavy duty ADJ rear swaybar, Whiteline front Strut Brace, 6000k HID Xenons.

#15 Soop

Soop

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

Pete just put that banner up ;).
TSM

#16 Guest_SubaruJunkie_*

Guest_SubaruJunkie_*
  • Guests