aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image

UK customers are being given an added incentive to buy a new Subaru Impreza WRX or Subaru Impreza STI Type UK. The Japanese automaker is giving away the Prodrive Performance Pack and an upgraded set of wheels for new buyers.

The complimentary equipment would normally cost an additional £3,200. Those wanting to purchase the regular WRX will find that price reduced by nearly £100.

Tuners from English firm Prodrive hit the car with a remapped engine control unit, and add on a high-flow exhaust system and 18-inch alloy wheels. The result is a WRX that completes a 0-100 km/h sprint in 5.9 seconds, 0.6 seconds faster than before. STI owners will see their sprint time improve by 0.4 seconds to 5.2s.

Subaru UK made no mention of the actual horsepower gains made by the Prodrive Performance Pack.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.worldcarfans.com

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 skillionaire

skillionaire

Mr. Freshley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi, That would push me towards it. A bit. But this really shows you that the people on the ground selling the cars are trying to cover for the fact that a pumped version is right around the corner, already unveiled, and now every last piece of stock will be a pain in the ass to move. Seems like a good time to buy? Pity I'm into chicks, otherwise this would be right up my street. Cheers, Nik

#3 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:14 PM

The new car market in Ireland and the UK has died a death in the last 18 months so manufacturers and dealers are desperate to shift both new and secondhand cars. I was in a couple of garages yesterday looking at cars and they all told me not to bother with the sticker price because i was dealing straight cash, discounts from 500 to over a grand off the list price.
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

is it on the up yet over there yet Eric?? I was trying to get some Morettes from Thermo Conversions and they actually sent me back my money coz they were stopping production for a while as some of their parts supplies had gone out of business due to their normal work with dealerships had dried up

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Ericmcg

Ericmcg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

I reckon its pretty much hit rock bottom now, the government(lying bunch of self serving wankers) are trying to say its on the up but just looking at the way prices have bottomed out a turn up could be on the way. I hope so because none of the garages that were importing high end JDM cars are shipping them in at the moment and the supply is seriously drying up. My insurance company is probably going to write my B4 off as uneconomical to repair(nearly 5 grand of damage) and this time last year i would have had loads of cars to choose from the only good one i could find was a JDM TT GT E-tune wagon, its a cracker, totally spotless but it shows the state of the market. I heard about Morette going under a while back, there are still some suppliers over this side of the world that have stock around, what type of car are you looking for parts for, i might be able to put you onto somebody, though shipping might be expensive from here..
Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Trent

Trent

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Pity I'm into chicks, otherwise this would be right up my street.

:sarcastic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users