• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hi folk, my subwoofer has developed a random tremor. When for example my music is muted/paused or its in the Bluetooth mode, my sub mildly tremors/pulses for no obvious reason. It sort of sounds like thunder... I've checked the wiring and it all looks okay. Could it be a problem with the amp or is my sub cactus? Amp is less than a year old...sub is a couple of years old.

liftbacktestCustom3_zps39c01efc.jpg

#2 Chris Rogers

Chris Rogers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:old Soobs - car audio and electronics

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

tried another source? is it only on BT audio or is it on CD as well? do not seeint being gear related myself.

#3 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Hi folk, my subwoofer has developed a random tremor. When for example my music is muted/paused or its in the Bluetooth mode, my sub mildly tremors/pulses for no obvious reason. It sort of sounds like thunder...

I've checked the wiring and it all looks okay.

Could it be a problem with the amp or is my sub cactus? Amp is less than a year old...sub is a couple of years old.

probably feedback. try pushing your brake pedal when everything is quiet, see if it makes the noise.

MY07 GT spec B

#4 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

tried another source? is it only on BT audio or is it on CD as well? do not seeint being gear related myself.

Nup even when I'm listening to music and then pause or mute it, the tremor happens.

probably feedback. try pushing your brake pedal when everything is quiet, see if it makes the noise.

I'll try that when I next drive it and fiddle around with the headlights and see if that provokes it. What if it is feedback? How do I stop it?

#5 Shiv

Shiv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

Finally drove my car again today, and yes the problem is still happening. Got nothing to do with whether I'm on the brakes or the headlights are on/off. I turned the sub-volume via the headunit to "-6" which is its lowest volume and it still thumps away like thunder in the boot. However, it stops doing that when music is playing, and is perfectly normal. Any more ideas?? No biggie, just a bit annoying when I want the music off.

#6 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Mine used to do that...except the keys were out of the ignition when it happened? I think mine was the amp though - the thunder eventually happened throughout every song. Soo annoying. Bought a new amp but sold the car so never got to find out if that was the problem. GL with it all Shiv keep us updated

IM47Gcv.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users